Marriott has updated their website and it now says that the merged Marriott-Starwood program will launch on August 18th. Previously it had only said “Coming in August.”
In February the merged program will get a new name as well.
On August 18th the new award chart below and new elite status levels will launch, while the next award chart launches sometime in February:
|Previous Starwood Chart||Previous Previous Marriott Chart||August 2018 Combined Chart||February 2019 Combined Chart|
|Category 1||6,000 (Weekends)|
|Category 2||9,000 (Weekends)|
|Category 3||21,000||15,000||17,500||15,000 off-peak
|Category 4||30,000||20,000||25,000||20,000 off-peak
|Category 5||36,000 off-peak|
|Category 6||60,000 off-peak|
|Category 7||90,000 off-peak|
|Category 8||-||40,000||-||70,000 off-peak
|Ritz Tier 1||-||30,000||-||-|
|Ritz Tier 2||-||40,000||-||-|
|Ritz Tier 3||-||50,000||-||-|
|Ritz Tier 4||-||60,000||-||-|
|Ritz Tier 5||-||70,000||-||-|
Short on Starpoints/Marriott points?
- You can still buy Starpoints here.
- Earn points on the new Chase Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card. Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other hotel cards!
Read more about the merger in these posts:
Related Marriott-SPG merger posts:
- AMAZING! Marriott’s New Award Chart Is A Dream Come True For Aspirational Hotels; Roundup Of The Hotel Category Changes
- Don’t Wait: Book Hotel Awards Now Before The Starwood-Marriott Merger!
- Hunting Down The Marriott Hotels Getting More Expensive To Potentially Maximize Travel Certificates
- Exploring The Options For A Partial Points Refund Of The Marriott Travel Packages, Which Package Should You Buy Now?
- Marriott Has No Plans On Letting Us Know What They Plan On Doing With Current Travel Packages, But Don’t Let That Stop You From Taking Advantage Of Them!
- Where Will You Be Able To Use Chase Marriott And Starwood Anniversary Nights?
- Another Guess At What Will Happen With Marriott’s Miles+Nights Travel PackagesAnd Which You Should Buy Now Before It’s Too Late!
- Breaking Down The New Marriott/Starwood Combined Cash+Points And PointSavers Award Charts
- Marriott Will Massively Devalue New Miles+Nights Travel Packages In August;Comparing The Value Of The Current Packages To The New Packages
- Final Opportunity: Get 35% Off The Purchase Of Starwood Starpoints; Buy The Points You Need To Take Advantage Of These 7 Awesome Redemptions!
- Get A 75,000 Point Signup Bonus On The Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card!
- Live Blog: Follow The Marriott-Starwood Program Merger Announcement!
- 3 Starwood AMEX Cards In The New Marriott Program: A Comparison Chart Of The Good, The Bad, And The Horrific
- Comparison Chart: How Marriott’s August 2018 And February 2019 Award Chart Compares With The Current SPG And Marriott Award Charts
- Marriott Got Almost Everything Perfect, But The Starwood AMEX Cuts Are Just Too Painful
- Rack Up The Starpoints While You Still Can: There Will Be 6 Months Of Amazing Starwood Hotel Bargains!
- No Marriott, The Starwood AMEX Card Will Not Be Richer Than Ever. You Are Just Changing What I’ll Use It For
- Starwood-Marriott Merger FAQs: Answers To Your Questions About Anniversary Nights, Status From Existing Cards, And More
- The Starwood Consumer AMEX And Multiple Chase Marriott Cards Are Being Discontinued! Here’s What You Need To Know About 9 Starwood And Marriott Cards
- Will The Starwood Cards Disappear Or Lose Their Starpoints Signup Bonuses Today? Now Is The Time To Signup If You Don’t Have These Cards Yet!
- AMEX: 3 Starwood Cards Will Be Available For New Applications After The SPG-Marriott Program Merger In August
- Guesstimating Where Marriott Travel Packages Will Work In August; Take Advantage Of Marriott’s Lucrative Miles+Nights Packages Now!
- A Week Later, But No Solid Answers To 3 Contradictory Marriott-Starwood Merger Details That Everyone Wants To Know
- Marriott Clarifies Contradictory SPG Gold Information
- Roundup Of The SPG/Marriott Lifetime Status Rules; Will You Be Able To Hit Lifetime Status This Year Before The Lifetime Program Is Devalued?