The regular award chart will feature awards with no capacity controls or blackouts on standard rooms. Plus every 5th award night is free.
The PointSavers award chart will feature rotating hotels with limited time discounts on the normal award rates.
The Cash+Points award chart is capacity controlled and allows you to save some of your points. In essence what you are doing is buying back points at a rate that is variable based on the award pricing.
In the chart below I’ve calculated just how much you’ll be paying per point saved with a cash+points award compared to a regular award. That price will range from 0.692 cents per point, or cpp, to 2 cents per point. Note that these are Marriott points, so you’ll need to triple those amounts to compare to current Starpoints. That means the cost per Starpoint saved ranges from 2.08 cents to 6 cents.
You can currently buy Starpoints o sale for less than most of these rates until 7/20, so take advantage of this now while you still can.
Come August it will also be a lot harder to rack up points as the Starwood AMEX will be devalued on 8/1 from earning 3 Marriott points per dollar to 2 per dollar, so it may be worth using cash+points for some of the better awards at that point.
Note that there will be an 8th category as well as off-peak and peak awards added in February.
|Hotel Category||August 2018 Chart||August 2018 Cash + Points Chart||August 2018 Pointsavers Chart||February 2019 Chart.............||February 2019 Cash + Points Chart......................................||February 2019 Pointsavers Chart............|
|Category 1||7,500||$55+3,500 (1.375 cpp)||6,000||5,000 off-peak|
|$50+2,500 (2 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.375 cpp) standard
$60+4,500 (1.09 cpp) peak
|Category 2||12,500||$65+6,000 (1 cpp)||11,000||10,000 off-peak|
|$60+5,000 (1.2 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$70+6,500 (0.824 cpp) peak
|Category 3||17,500||$80+8,500 (0.889 cpp)||16,000||15,000 off-peak|
|$70+7,500 (0.933 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.889 cpp) standard
$90+9,000 (0.818 cpp) peak
|Category 4||25,000||$105+12,000 (0.808 cpp)||22,500||20,000 off-peak|
|$90+10,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.808 cpp)
$120+13,500 (0.727 cpp) peak
|Category 5||35,000||$140+17,000 (0.778 cpp)||32,500||30,000 off-peak|
|$120+16,000 (0.857 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.778 cpp)
$165+19,000 (0.786 cpp) peak
|Category 6||50,000||$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)||45,000||40,000 off-peak|
|$165+22,000 (0.917 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$225+27,500 (0.692 cpp) peak
|Category 7||60,000||$250+30,000 (0.833 cpp)||55,000||50,000 off-peak|
|$225+27,500 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.833 cpp)
$325+30,000 (0.813 cpp) peak
|Category 8||-||-||-||70,000 off-peak|
|$325+35,000 (0.929 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.035 cpp)
$635+50,000 (1.27 cpp) peak
- Related Marriott-SPG merger posts:
- AMAZING! Marriott’s New Award Chart Is A Dream Come True For Aspirational Hotels; Roundup Of The Hotel Category Changes
- Final Opportunity: Get 35% Off The Purchase Of Starwood Starpoints; Buy The Points You Need To Take Advantage Of These 7 Awesome Redemptions!
- Get A 100,000 Point Signup Bonus On The Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card!
- Live Blog: Follow The Marriott-Starwood Program Merger Announcement!
- 3 Starwood AMEX Cards In The New Marriott Program: A Comparison Chart Of The Good, The Bad, And The Horrific
- Comparison Chart: How Marriott’s August 2018 And February 2019 Award Chart Compares With The Current SPG And Marriott Award Charts
- Marriott Got Almost Everything Perfect, But The Starwood AMEX Cuts Are Just Too Painful
- Rack Up The Starpoints While You Still Can: There Will Be 6 Months Of Amazing Starwood Hotel Bargains!
- No Marriott, The Starwood AMEX Card Will Not Be Richer Than Ever. You Are Just Changing What I’ll Use It For
- Starwood-Marriott Merger FAQs: Answers To Your Questions About Anniversary Nights, Status From Existing Cards, And More
- The Starwood Consumer AMEX And Multiple Chase Marriott Cards Are Being Discontinued! Here’s What You Need To Know About 9 Starwood And Marriott Cards
- Will The Starwood Cards Disappear Or Lose Their Starpoints Signup Bonuses Today? Now Is The Time To Signup If You Don’t Have These Cards Yet!
- AMEX: 3 Starwood Cards Will Be Available For New Applications After The SPG-Marriott Program Merger In August
- Guesstimating Where Marriott Travel Packages Will Work In August; Take Advantage Of Marriott’s Lucrative Miles+Nights Packages Now!
- A Week Later, But No Solid Answers To 3 Contradictory Marriott-Starwood Merger Details That Everyone Wants To Know
- Marriott Clarifies Contradictory SPG Gold Information
- Roundup Of The SPG/Marriott Lifetime Status Rules; Will You Be Able To Hit Lifetime Status This Year Before The Lifetime Program Is Devalued?