Related post: All About World Of Hyatt And Taking Advantage Of Incredible Limited Time Stacking Elite Status And Bonus Points Promotions!
Table of Contents
Signup for the Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Card and earn 25K bonus points for spending $3,000 in 3 months and another 25K bonus points for spending another $3,000 in 6 months.
You can receive the bonus on this card if you haven’t received a bonus on a Hyatt card in the past 24 months.
All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
Elite status for all cardholders
The card gives Discoverist status, which gives free premium internet, 10% bonus points at Hyatt hotels, free bottled water daily at Hyatt hotels, and 2PM late checkout.
A nice feature of the Hyatt program is that they waive resort fees on award nights.
- 4 points per dollar at Hyatt hotels
- 2 points per dollar on dining (including restaurants, cafes and coffee shops, etc)offer details reference link
- 2 points per dollar on airplane tickets
- 2 points per dollar on local transit and commuting (including mass transit, Uber, Lyft, taxis, tolls, etc)
- 2 points per dollar on fitness/gym memberships.
- 1 point per dollar elsewhere.
The last of the valuable hotel point currencies
After the Starwood merger, most hotel points are now worth less than 1 cent each. I value Hilton and IHG points at about 0.45 cents, and Marriott points at about 0.65 cents each. I’d value Hyatt points at about 1.55 cents each, making them by the far the most valuable hotel points.
Hyatt has also been excellent with freezing point expiration and award/elite extensions due to COVID-19.
Increased Promotions And Rebates For Cardholders
Hyatt often offers increased point offers for cardholders.
For example, cardholders can currently earn quadruple points on stays!
And Hyatt is offering a 15% rebate on awards, but if you are a cardholder you’ll get a 25% rebate! That increases the value of your Hyatt points and Chase points!
Hyatt points can be transferred between members without limits, free of charge.
You can also transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt instantly at a 1:1 ratio. This is a much better value than Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers to IHG and Marriott as Hyatt points are far more valuable than IHG or Marriott points.
Annual free nights
This card comes with an annual anniversary night for category 1-4 Hyatt hotels.
If you spend $15,000 in your cardmembership year you can get an additional annual anniversary night for category 1-4 Hyatt hotels.
The annual free night is worth well more than the annual fee. Here are some sample category 1-4 hotels:
- Hyatt House Anchorage, AK
- Hyatt Place Fairbanks, AK
- Hyatt Regency Phoenix, AZ
- Hyatt Regency Los Angeles International Airport, CA
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa, CA
- Hyatt Palm Springs, CA
- Andaz San Diego, CA
- Mar Monte Hotel, Santa Barbara, CA
- Grand Hyatt Denver, CO
- Grand Hyatt Washington DC
- Hyatt Regency Miami, FL
- The Confidante Miami Beach, FL
- Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport – South & Cruise Port, FL
- Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach, Oahu, HI
- Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, Oahu, HI
- Lahaina Shores Beach Resort, Maui, HI
- Hyatt Centric The Loop Chicago, IL
- Hyatt Regency Chicago, IL
- Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago, IL
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, IN
- Hyatt Regency Louisville, KY
- Hyatt Centric French Quarter New Orleans, LA
- Hyatt Regency New Orleans, LA
- Hyatt Place Portland-Old Port, ME
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, MD
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina, MD
- Hyatt Regency Boston / Cambridge, MA
- Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, MA
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Minneapolis, MN
- Hotel Kansas City, MO
- MGM Grand Las Vegas, NV
- New York-New York Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Park MGM Las Vegas, NV
- Hyatt House Jersey City, NJ
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson, NJ
- Hyatt Regency Morristown, NJ
- Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands, NJ
- Gild Hall, a Thompson Hotel, Manhattan, NY
- Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, NY
- Hyatt Place Niagara Falls, NY
- Hyatt Place Long Island/East End, NY
- Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, OH
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village, OH
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland, OR
- Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore, PA
- The Bellevue Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
- Hyatt Residence Club Dorado, Hacienda del Mar, PR
- Hyatt Regency Austin, TX
- Hyatt Regency Dallas, TX
- Hyatt Regency DFW International Airport, TX
- Hyatt Regency Houston, TX
- Hyatt Regency San Antonio Riverwalk, TX
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio, TX
- Hyatt Place Park City, UT
- Hyatt Regency Seattle, WA
- Park Hyatt Mendoza, Argentina
- Hyatt Place Aruba Airport
- Dinamo Hotel Baku, Azerbaijan
- Grand Hyatt Melbourne, Australia
- Park Hyatt Canberra, Australia
- Hyatt Regency Sofia, Bulgaria
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Park Hyatt Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Andaz Ottawa ByWard Market, Canada
- Park Hyatt Toronto, Canada
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver, Canada
- Grand Hyatt Shanghai, China
- Hyatt Regency Sharm El Sheikh Resort, Egypt
- Hyatt Regency Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Hotel Lilla Roberts, Helsinki, Finland
- Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile, France
- Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle, France
- Grand Hyatt Berlin, Germany
- Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport, Germany
- 100 Rizes Seaside Resort, Gytheio, Greece
- Castello Boutique Resort & Spa, Crete, Greece
- Hyatt Regency Thessaloniki, Greece
- Hyatt Regency Kowloon Hong Kong
- Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong
- Andaz Delhi, India
- Park Hyatt Hyderabad, India
- Andaz Bali, Indonesia
- Grand Hyatt Bali, Indonesia
- Park Hyatt Jakarta, Indonesia
- Hyatt Centric The Liberties Dublin, Ireland
- Hyatt Centric Milan Centrale, Italy
- Hyatt Centric Murano Venice, Italy
- Hyatt Regency Osaka, Japan
- Hyatt Regency Tokyo, Japan
- Hyatt Regency Aqaba Ayla, Jordan
- Thompson Playa del Carmen, Cancun, Mexico
- Hyatt Regency Casablanca, Morocco
- Hyatt Place Amsterdam Airport, Netherlands
- The George, New Zealand
- Grand Hyatt Muscat, Oman
- Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown, Panama
- Hotel Da Estrela, Lisbon, Portugal
- Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas, Qatar
- Hyatt Regency Moscow Petrovsky Park, Russia
- The Outpost Hotel Sentosa, Singapore
- Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, South Africa
- Grand Hyatt Seoul, South Korea
- Hyatt Regency Barcelona Tower, Spain
- Hyatt Regency Hesperia Madrid, Spain
- Grand Hyatt Taipei, Taiwan
- Hyatt Regency Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Park Hyatt Zanzibar, Tanzania
- The Sukhothai Bangkok, Thailand
- Hyatt Regency Koh Samui, Thailand
- Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, Thailand
- Park Hyatt Istanbul – Macka Palas, Turkey
- The Marmara Bodrum, Turkey
- Hyatt Regency Kiev, Ukraine
- Andaz Capital Gate, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Residences Emirates Pearl, UAE
- Grand Hyatt Dubai, UAE
- Hyatt Place London Heathrow Airport, UK
- Hyatt Place West London Hayes, UK
- Hyatt Regency Manchester, UK
- Park Hyatt Saigon, Vietnam
The free nights are valid for a year, but I have had success requesting 10K Hyatt points by calling Hyatt after they expire and asking for a credit for the expired night.
Elite qualifying benefits, milestone rewards, and additional free nights
The card gives 5 elite qualifying night credits every year and you’ll earn an additional 2 night credits towards elite status with every $5,000 that you spend.
Plus you can earn nights on all paid and award stays at Hyatt hotels.
With this limited time offer, you will get 10 elite qualifying night credits in 2020 and 10 elite qualifying night credits in 2021.
Paid and award stays at Hyatt hotels combine with night credits earned with the credit card.
Hyatt also offers Milestone rewards that will mean you’ll earn the following:
- All Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Cardholders get a free anniversary night at category 1-4 hotels without any spending required.
- Spend $15,000 on the card and you’ll get a 2nd free anniversary night at category 1-4 hotels.
- Earn 20 night credits and you’ll get 2 club lounge awards that are valid for club access for the duration of your Hyatt stay.
- Earn 30 night credits and you’ll get Explorist status, 2 more club lounge awards, and another free night at category 1-4 hotels.
- Earn 40 night credits and you’ll get a $100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 bonus points.
- Earn 50 night credits and you’ll get 2 confirmed suite upgrades that are each valid on paid or award stays of up to 7 nights.
- Earn 60 night credits and you’ll get Globalist status, 2 more confirmed suite upgrades on paid or award stays, and a free night at category 1-7 hotels.
- For every additional 10 night credits you’ll get another confirmed suite upgrade or 10,000 Hyatt points.
Hyatt also awards a free category 1-4 hotel night after staying in 5 of their hotel brands and a free category 1-7 hotel night after staying in 10 of their hotel brands.
-You can use the 50K signup bonus points for 10 award nights in Hyatt hotels, plus you earn 10 elite qualifying nights when you signup for the card, so you’re already at 20 nights. That will earn you free club lounge access with breakfast on 2 stays.
-Spend another $25,000 on the card and you’ll earn another 10 elite qualifying nights, for 30 total nights. That will earn you Explorist status and at which point Hyatt also awards you with yet another category 1-4 night (in addition to the annual category 1-4 for having the card and the annual 1-4 night for spending $15,000 on the card). Explorists earn 20% bonus points at Hyatt hotels and get free club lounge access with breakfast on 4 stays per year.
-Spend another $25,000 on the card and you’ll earn another 10 elite qualifying nights for 40 total nights. That will earn you a $100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 bonus points.
-Spend another $25,000 on the card and you’ll earn another 10 elite qualifying nights for 50 total nights. That will earn you 2 confirmed suite upgrade certificates, valid on both paid stays and point stays, that you can use to upgrade base rooms to suites for up to 7 nights each at the time of booking.
-Spend another $25,000 on the card and you’ll earn another 10 elite qualifying nights for 60 total nights and you’ll earn top-tier Globalist status. Hyatt will then give you a free unrestricted category 1-7 free night valid at any Hyatt in the world. You’ll also earn 4 total confirmed suite upgrade certificates, valid on both paid stays and point stays, that you can use to upgrade base rooms to suites for up to 7 nights each at the time of booking. Globalists get free lounge access and many Hyatt hotels will also buy Globalists free kosher breakfast where available. I’ve taken advantage of free kosher breakfast in Buenos Aires, Cleveland, Hawaii, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Sydney, and more. Globalists also get access to a personal Hyatt concierge for reservations and personalized service. Resort fees are waived for Globalists on paid and award stays and parking fees are waived on award stays as well. Globalists can share their Globalist benefits on award stays with their friends and family.
-For every $25,000 spend you’ll earn another 10 additional elite qualifying nights you’ll get to choose between another 10,000 bonus points or a confirmed suite upgrade award.
Thanks to earning Hyatt Globalist status, I was also given top-tier American Executive Platinum status!
Hotel status or more points: Cost benefit analysis
With a Chase Killer Combo of the Freedom Unlimited Card or the Ink Business Unlimited Card and the Sapphire Preferred Card, Sapphire Reserve Card, or Ink Business Preferred Card you can earn 1.5 Hyatt points per dollar everywhere.
The Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Card earns 4 points per dollar at Hyatt hotels, 2 points per dollar on dining (including restaurants, cafes and coffee shops, etc)offer details reference link, airplane tickets, local transit and commuting (including mass transit, Uber, Lyft, taxis, tolls, etc), and fitness/gym memberships. But if you’re spending on other categories you’ll earn just 1 point per dollar.
Should you go down that avenue for more points or should use your Hyatt card to earn elite status and other Hyatt Milestone perks?
Ultimately that will depend on how often you use the elite status benefits, so if you’ll have to sit down and calculate the cost of earning status.
For example if you want to earn top-tier Hyatt Globalist status and you will stay in Hyatt hotels for 20 nights this year, you will also get 10 night credits for getting the card, so you would need to earn 30 more night credits. That would take $75,000 of spending on the card.
If you spend that in non-bonus categories on the Freedom Unlimited Card or the Ink Business Unlimited Card you would earn 112,500 points.
If you spend that on the World Of Hyatt Credit Card you would earn 75,000 points. If you value points at 1.5 cents each, that’s a loss of 37.5K points or $562.50 of points.
However you would earn Globalist status and would gain:
- 1 bonus category 1-4 anniversary night at $15K in spending
- 1 bonus category 1-4 night upon earning Explorist (30 night) status
- A $100 Hyatt gift card upon earning 40 nights
- 1 bonus category 1-7 night upon earning Globalist (60 night) status
- 4 confirmed suite upgrade certificates
- Space available suite upgrades on all stays
- Waived resort fees on all stays
- Waived parking fees on award stays (and currently waited parking fees on paid stays)
- Club access with free breakfast on all stays
- Priority access to early checkin
- 4pm confirmed late checkout
- Personal Hyatt concierge
- 30% bonus points on paid stays
I’d value the 2 bonus 1-4 free nights at $150 each and the bonus 1-7 free night at $350, which means those benefit alone $650. That’s already more than the loss of points and the $100 Hyatt gift card and other Globalist benefits add value on top of that. Not a bad deal at all, but of course this assumes that you’ll take advantage of the free nights and benefits rather than have flexible points that don’t expire. That means this route will be worthwhile for some, but won’t be for everyone.
That’s also not factoring the 50K signup bonus.
I’d say those tradeoffs are worthwhile if you stay in Hyatt hotels and can meet the spending needed. It can even be worth paying taxes on a credit card to help get to another threshold.
Here is the Hyatt award chart and how many free nights you can earn with the card
Here is the Hyatt award chart that will go into effect in July 2021. Until then, there is just standard award pricing. Of course you can currently save big thanks to points rebates on award stays.
|Hotel (Click on category for list of hotels)||Standard Room Award||Points+30%-50% of Cash Rate||Standard Suite Night Award||Premium Suite Night Award|
|Category 1||3.5K Off-peak|
|Category 2||6.5K Off-peak|
|Category 3||9K Off-peak|
|Category 4||12K Off-peak|
|Category 5||17K Off-peak|
|Category 6||21K Off-peak|
|Category 7||25K Off-peak|
|Category 8||35K Off-peak|
Hyatt has recently added the ability to book suites with points online.
Hyatt points can be used at a growing list of SLH Hotels. Those include new category 8 SLH hotels, though no Hyatt branded hotels are priced at category 8.
You’ll need 30K points for category 7 hotel like a Park Hyatt Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Maldives, or New York where paid rates can cost up to $1,500/night. It’s also valid for SLH hotels like the Ca’ Sagredo Hotel in Venice, which is just half a mile from Gam Gam and Chabad of Venice, where there are delicious meals to be had on weekdays and Shabbos. View category 7 hotels here.
You’ll need 25K points in a category 6 hotel like the Grand Hyatt Kauai, Andaz Maui, Park Hyatt Chicago, Park Hyatt Vienna, or Andaz 5th Ave, where paid rates can cost up to $1,400/night. Or you can use just 12.5K points plus $150 for the best value cash + points award on the Hyatt award chart as the $150 essentially buys back 12.5K points at a cost of just 1.2 cents each. View category 6 hotels here.
You’ll need 20K points for a category 5 hotel like the Hyatt Huntington Beach, Park Hyatt Aviara, Hyatt Regency Maui, Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Bahamas, Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, Andaz Mayakoba, Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, or the Park Hyatt Melbourne, where paid rates can cost up to $800/night. View category 5 hotels here.
You’ll need 15K points in a category 4 hotel like the Park Hyatt Toronto, Grand Hyatt Washington DC, The Confidante Miami Beach, Grand Hyatt Seattle, MGM Grand Las Vegas, Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Grand Hyatt Dubai, Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Hyatt Melbourne, or the Grand Hyatt Taipei, where paid rates can cost up to $700/night. View category 4 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 12K points in category 3 hotels like the Hyatt Regency Toronto, Grand Hyatt Denver, Grand Hyatt Atlanta, Hyatt Regency Phoenix, Hyatt Palm Springs, Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, Hyatt Place LaGuardia Airport, Hyatt Place Niagara Falls, Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City, Hyatt House Austin/Downtown, Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Honolulu, Hyatt Regency Casablanca, Hyatt Regency Tokyo, where paid rates can cost up to $500/night. View category 3 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 8K points in category 2 hotels like the Hyatt Place Cleveland/Legacy Village (the only hotel within walking distance of the local Jewish community), Hyatt Regency Montreal, Hyatt House Anchorage, Hyatt Regency Morristown, Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Meadows Racetrack & Casino, Hyatt House across from Universal Orlando Resort, Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Park Hyatt Mendoza, Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, where paid rates can cost up to $400/night. View category 2 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 5K points in category 1 hotels like the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Airport, Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel, Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown, Park Hyatt Chennai, or the Hyatt Regency Bali, where paid rates can cost up to $300/night. View category 1 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
The Park Hyatt Sydney and Sydney Opera House, as seen from the Sydney Harbour Bridge, January 2011:
Will you apply for the World of Hyatt card?
Leave a Reply
48 Comments On "Earn 50,000 Points With The Chase World Of Hyatt Card; The Last Of The Valuable Hotel Point Currencies!"
All opinions expressed below are user generated and the opinions aren’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any advertiser or DansDeals.
Earning explorist or globalist thru spending gives you one year of status only?
Spending in 2021 would earn status through 2/28/23.
Can u get back 30k for an expired cat 1-7 as well?
I’ve gotten 20K back. YMMV.
I actually think second option also is worthwhile as credit covers AF and then some plus you can get 1 free category 1-7 night. Even with 50K points only one category 8 night.
especially for those who dont stay in hotels a lot and would rather not pay $95 for nothing. Second option puts you ahead $110 and free category 8 night!
How does option 2 get you a category 8 night?
yes my mistake meant category 7
With the 25% rebate, that’s only worth a max of 22.5K points, or even less if used at a less expensive hotel. And it must be used within 12 months. As opposed to points that can be used in any category hotel and can be good forever.
would rather get my one free night and not pay the AF and come ahead $105
The points are worth ~$750 and shouldn’t be too hard to monetize if you wanted, but to each their own.
how do you monetize if one does not sell points?
When will they offer a premium card?
Is it Hyatt’s call to offer one or is it up to chase?
Interesting. Don’t know what they have to lose by having one. Thanks
If you get the cc during 2020 so you get 10 night credits for 2021 and then keep the cc for 2021 do you get 20 free nights just from the cc? Thank you Dan
Sorry for asking: is “ 10 night credit” means 10 free hotel nights?
No. It is only a term of getting status with Hyatt
Any word on when the extra 5 nights are posting? Opened mine a few weeks ago still only have 5
Can I apply for this card before 12/30 if I have the old Hyatt card that is converting to the new Hyatt card on 1/1?
No, you would have to close that card today and then open this card on 12/31.
why no mention about the globalist status promo for 30 nights in 2021?
Just want to clarify based on the 2 elite night promo per stay, if I were to book a 15 day award stay at any hyatt, would i end up receiving gloablist?
Click on the link in the update for those details.
i just applied and got Thank you for your request.
We need to review your request a little longer. We will let you know of our decision as soon as possible.
Thank you for choosing the World of Hyatt Credit Card. I closed my legacy hyatt 2 days ago
You can call now for recon or wait for a decision.
if i am approved in 2 weeks will i get the nights from 2020?
You should actually call today, seems like you may need approval today for the bonus nights.
what should we say why we closed out hyatt legacy and now opening woh card
For the better benefits on WoH.
aand thats a reasonable way to get them to approve?
when I click on the Link to apply I see the 5 qualifying nights but I don’t see any mention of the 10 nights? Am I missing something?
The bonus 5 nights will be added by Hyatt.
great – thanks Dan! applied, but now I need to call. Happy New Year!
Just signed up for this card and signed up through your link for the Amex platinum a few weeks ago
I called chase back because i only saw 5 nights post. They said that the link i applied through said i only get 5 qualifying nights, even though i signed up on the link where it stated in bold, that if i signup and get accepted before 12/31 i get 10 qualifying nights.
Did anyone come across the same issue?
Same. I too got approved on 12/31/20 through this link. So far my WOH account was credited with 10 nights, plus 5 nights for a stay I completed this past November, for a total of 15 nights. I’m missing the 10 additional nights!
I called Hyatt and they said to call Chase. I called Chase and they are not seeing the promo from your link offering 10 nights in 2020 and 10 nights in 2021. He’s telling me there was no such offer!
Dan, what do recommend? I should have a total of 25 nights at this point, with only 5 more to go for Globalist, which I was planning to obtain over these next two months through the Bonus Journeys double nights promo…
You get 10 for 2020 status and 10 for 2021 status. Never said anything about 20 for 2021 status.
I don’t see anywhere else online that this offer is expiring today 1/28. I called Chase and all the rep told me was that there is nothing on their end noting that this is a limited time offer, but that being said, offers can change at any time. Where are you seeing that this offer expires today? Does it say what the offer will be after today? I assume we’re talking about the signup bonus changing…
(Long time fan/follower, first time engaging/poster)
Thanks for reading and thanks for engaging 🙂
There will be a different offer starting tomorrow. Some will find it better while others will find it worse. If you apply now and prefer tomorrow’s offer you should be able to match it, but if you wait for tomorrow you won’t be able to get today’s offer.
Hmm…so cryptic! I saw another blog’s post from October about having an option for a $200 statement credit and a free Category 1-7 night or the 50K points, but I don’t see anything on Chase’s end about that, either. To me, I want as many Hyatt points I can get out of a signup bonus, so I figure I should apply today in case tomorrow’s offer lowers the possible points that can be earned.
Thanks for the quick reply Dan.
By the way, I’m a fellow Browns fan – always tough when it ends, but it was a fun year.
What will the offer change to tomorrow
So what’s the new offer?
It’s actually even worse than I thought it would be.
Do you think they’ll offer something better in the near future?