Originally posted on 9/9:
Hyatt is my favorite hotel chain by a long shot and they keep proving that they will do what it takes to stay the best.
Incentives on paid stays:
Hyatt is currently offering triple points, starting with your 2nd stay, through 9/15. They are also offering elites 2,500 points for their first stay, even if it’s an award stay.
- Hyatt announced today that they will open registration for a new promo starting in October that will offer triple points, starting with your first stay, from 10/1/20-1/4/21 at all hotels worldwide. Registration will close on 11/30. You will get bonus points for any stay with a checkout date of 10/1/20-1/4/21, regardless of when it was booked. You can earn up to 150K bonus points with this promo.
- Hyatt also announced that if you have a Hyatt or World of Hyatt credit card then you’ll get quadruple points at 160 participating Hyatt resort properties, 200 SLH properties, and a handful of MGM Resort Destinations. That list will be published on 10/1. You can earn up to 75K additional bonus points with this promo.
- Hyatt normally awards 5 points per dollar spent, so you’ll earn 15 points per dollar spent with this promo or 20 points per dollar if you are a cardholder at select hotels. Additionally, elites will earn their standard 0.5-1.5 points per dollar spent and Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Cardholders also earn 4 points per dollar spent on their card. As a Globalist cardholder, I could earn 25.5 points per dollar spent at select hotels, which is equal to a whopping 41% rebate at a value of 1.6 cents per point. That’s pretty incredible, though I was really hoping to see a return of Faster Free Nights as hotels try to incentivize people back to travel!
Rebate on award stays:
- Hyatt is also currently offering 15% points rebate on award stays through 10/8. If you have a Hyatt or World of Hyatt credit card then you’ll get a 25% points rebate. There are some amazing bargains on regular awards, plus insane deals on suites and premium suite awards that have been added online.
- Hyatt has announced that registration will be extended through 12/1 and you can earn rebates for stays through 1/4/21. See this post for registration links.
Elite tier incentives:
- Hyatt has already extended current elite status set to expire on 2/28/21 through 2/28/22.
- Hyatt has announced that members making paid or award stays between 10/1/20-12/31/21 will receive 1 2020 AND 1 2021 elite qualifying night for each night stayed!
- Hyatt is also currently offering free parking on all award stays through 10/8, and Globalists get free parking on all stays through 10/8. Of course Hyatt never charges resort fees on award stays, so a free stay can really be free thanks to free parking as well!
- Hyatt has announced that the free parking promotions will be extended through 1/4/21.
- There is a targeted Chase Offer for 10% off $100+ Hyatt stays, up to $25 back.
- There is a targeted Chase Offer for 15% off $100+ Hyatt stays, up to $38 back.
- There is a targeted AMEX Offer for $50 off $250+ in total Hyatt spending through 11/10.
- Hyatt is offering discounted Work from Hyatt packages with unique benefits like a dedicated workspace and much more. You can book these packages with cash or points.
- You can stack the award rebate promotion with the Miraval BOGO promotion.
- Hyatt is offering 500 points for stays in new hotels.
Will these incentives get you to stay in a Hyatt hotel?