Table of Contents
World Of Hyatt Business Card Intro Signup Bonus
Signup for the brand new Chase World Of Hyatt Business Credit Card and earn 75,000 bonus points for spending $7,500 in 3 months. Plus cardmembers who apply by 12/31/21 will receive a complimentary one-year Headspace subscription. The Headspace subscription must be redeemed by Dec. 31, 2022.
World Of Hyatt Business Card Annual fee
- This is a brand new card, so everyone will be eligible for this bonus.
- You can get the bonus on this card even if you currently have the consumer World Of Hyatt Card.
All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
Annual Hyatt Credit
Cardholders will get a $50 statement credit when spending $50 or more at any Hyatt property worldwide, starting when they open their card and valid up to two times each anniversary year.
Most Hyatt hotels sell gift cards, so even if you don’t have Hyatt stays, you should always be able to just walk into any Hyatt and purchase 2 $50 gift cards in separate transactions to trigger a $100 statement credit. That lowers the effective annual fee to just $99.
Elite status for all cardholders and for 5 employees
The card gives Discoverist status, which gives free premium internet, 10% bonus points at Hyatt hotels, free bottled water daily at Hyatt hotels, and 2PM late checkout.
You can also gift 5 company employees with Discoverist status.
World Of Hyatt Business Card earnings
- 4 points per dollar at Hyatt hotels.
- 2 points per dollar for fitness club and gym memberships.
- 2 points per dollar in your top 3 quarterly categories through 12/31/22 from the following categories (Effective 1/1/23, earn 2 points per dollar in your top 2 quarterly categories). No registration is required and there is no category earning cap.
- Airline tickets purchased directly with the airline
- Car rental agencies
- Local transit and commuting
- Gas stations
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Social media and search engine advertising
- 1 point per dollar elsewhere.
The last of the valuable hotel point currencies and waived resort fees
After the Starwood merger, most hotel points are now worth less than 1 cent each. I value Hilton and IHG points at about 0.45 cents, and Marriott points at about 0.65 cents each. I’d value Hyatt points at about 1.55 cents each, making them by the far the most valuable hotel points.
While chains like Marriott tack on massive resort fees and destination fees onto award nights, an awesome feature of the Hyatt program is that they waive resort and destination fees on award nights.
Faster Path To Hyatt Elite Status And Lower 2021 Qualification Requirements
Hyatt elite status works by calendar year. For example, if you earn enough elite qualifying nights from a combination of paid stays, award stays, and credit card spending in 2021, your status will last until 2/28/23.
The card gives 5 elite night credits towards elite status with every $10,000 that you spend.
That compares favorably compared to the 2 elite night credits every $5,000 offered by the consumer card, though the consumer card offers 5 nights just for having the card, something the business card does not offer.
That means if you spend $60,000, you’ll also have 30 elite qualifying nights, enough for top-tier Globalist status. Plus you’ll get a free 1-4 night from meeting the 30 night tier.
Paid and award stays at Hyatt hotels combine with night credits earned with the credit card.
- Discoverist status normally requires 10 elite qualifying nights. However for 2021 you can earn it with just 5 elite qualifying nights. This status is free for World Of Hyatt cardholders.
- Discoverist status gives 10% bonus points on stays, free premium in-room internet, free bottled water, preferred room upgrades, elite checkin, 2pm late checkout, and bonus AA miles on stays.
- Explorist status normally requires 30 elite qualifying nights. However for 2021 you can earn it with just 15 elite qualifying nights.
- Explorist status gives 20% bonus points on stays, free premium in-room internet, free bottled water, room upgrades, elite checkin, 2pm late checkout, guaranteed hotel availability 72 hours in advance, and bonus AA miles on stays. There isn’t a big difference between Discoverist and Explorist.
- Globalist status normally requires 60 elite qualifying nights. However for 2021 you can earn it with just 30 elite qualifying nights.
- Gloablist status gives 30% bonus points on stays, waived resort fees on all stays, waived parking fees on award stays, club access or free breakfast, free premium in-room internet, free bottled water, suite upgrades at checkin, elite checkin, 4pm late checkout, guaranteed hotel availability 48 hours in advance, and bonus AA miles on stays.
- Globalists can also book a “guest of honor award” to allow another person to be treated to all Globalist benefits for an award stay when using the Globalist member’s points.
- Many Hyatt hotels will also buy Globalists free kosher breakfast where available. I’ve taken advantage of free kosher breakfast in Buenos Aires, Cleveland, Hawaii, Los Angeles, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Sydney, and many more.
Hyatt Milestone Tiers
Hyatt also offers great bonuses for hitting tiers of elite qualifying nights in a calendar year:
- Earn 20 elite qualifying nights and you’ll get 2 club lounge awards that are valid for club access for the duration of your Hyatt stay.
- Earn 30 elite qualifying nights and you’ll get 2 more club lounge awards, and a free night at category 1-4 hotels.
- Earn 40 elite qualifying nights and you’ll get a $100 Hyatt gift card or 5,000 bonus points.
- Earn 50 elite qualifying nights and you’ll get 2 confirmed suite upgrades that are each valid on paid or award stays of up to 7 nights.
- Earn 60 elite qualifying nights and you’ll get 2 more confirmed suite upgrades on paid or award stays, a Hyatt concierge to take care of your every Hyatt need via email or private phone line, and a free night at category 1-7 hotels.
- For every additional 10 elite qualifying nights you’ll get another confirmed suite upgrade or 10,000 Hyatt points.
Award Rebates For Big Spenders
If you spend $50,000 on your World of Hyatt Business Card during a calendar year, in addition to earning 25 elite qualifying nights, you will immediately be eligible for a 10% rebate on the rest of your Hyatt redemptions for the remainder of the year. You can get a rebate of up to 20,000 points per calendar year on up to 200,000 redeemed points. The rebate will apply to stays that were booked before you spend $50,000, as long as the stay is completed after you spend $50,000.
You will get an email when you complete the $50,00 of spending and Chase plans on adding a tracker next year so that you know how close you are to hitting the $50,000 annual spend threshold.
Increased Promotions And Rebates For Cardholders
Hyatt often offers increased point offers for cardholders staying at Hyatt hotels.
Hyatt also often offers point rebates on awards to cardholders. If you spend over $50K in a calendar year then you can stack your 10% rebate with the general rebate that Hyatt offers to cardholders.
Waived Requirements For Hyatt Leverage
Businesses can sign up for Hyatt Leverage to receive up to 15% off standard paid hotel stays. You’ll get a code and the discount will show up in search results:
The Leverage program requires that you have 50 company stays in the prior year to continue using the program, but the stay requirement is waived for World of Hyatt Business cardholders.
- Complimentary roadside dispatch
- Primary rental car collision damage waiver
- Extended warranty protection
- Purchase protection
- Trip cancellation/travel interruption insurance
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- No fee for employee business cards
- No foreign transaction fees
You can also transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards to Hyatt instantly at a 1:1 ratio. This is a much better value than Chase Ultimate Rewards transfers to IHG and Marriott as Hyatt points are far more valuable than IHG or Marriott points.
Stay In 5, 10, Or 15 Hyatt Brands And Earn Free Nights
Hyatt’s 19 brands include:
- Hyatt Regency
- Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Place
- Hyatt Residence Club
- Hyatt House
- Park Hyatt
- Hyatt Centric
- Caption by Hyatt
- Unbound Collection
- Destination Hotels
- joie de vivre
Stay at any 5 brands over the life of your account and you’ll earn a free category 1-4 night. Earn another free night when you hit 10 or 15 brands!
Here is the Hyatt award chart and how many free nights you can earn with the card
Here is the Hyatt award chart that will go into effect later this month with peak, standard, and off-peak pricing for stays starting in March 2022. Until then, there is just standard award pricing.
|Hotel (Click on category for list of hotels)||Standard Room Award||Points+30%-50% of Cash Rate||Standard Suite Night Award||Premium Suite Night Award|
|Category 1||3.5K Off-peak|
|Category 2||6.5K Off-peak|
|Category 3||9K Off-peak|
|Category 4||12K Off-peak|
|Category 5||17K Off-peak|
|Category 6||21K Off-peak|
|Category 7||25K Off-peak|
|Category 8||35K Off-peak|
Hyatt points can be used at a growing list of SLH Hotels. Those include new category 8 SLH hotels, though no Hyatt branded hotels are priced at category 8. You’ll need 40K points for a category 8 SLH hotel like the Norman Tel Aviv or Canaves Oia Suites Santorini. View category 8 hotels here.
You’ll need 30K points for category 7 hotel like a Park Hyatt Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Maldives, or New York where paid rates can cost up to $1,500/night. It’s also valid for SLH hotels like the Ca’ Sagredo Hotel in Venice, which is just half a mile from Gam Gam and Chabad of Venice, where there are delicious meals to be had on weekdays and Shabbos. View category 7 hotels here.
You’ll need 25K points in a category 6 hotel like the American Colony Hotel Jerusalem, Grand Hyatt Kauai, Andaz Maui, Park Hyatt Chicago, Park Hyatt Vienna, or Andaz 5th Ave, where paid rates can cost up to $1,400/night. Or you can use just 12.5K points plus $150 for the best value cash + points award on the Hyatt award chart as the $150 essentially buys back 12.5K points at a cost of just 1.2 cents each. View category 6 hotels here.
You’ll need 20K points for a category 5 hotel like the Hyatt Huntington Beach, Park Hyatt Aviara, Hyatt Regency Maui, Grand Hyatt Baha Mar Bahamas, Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, Andaz Mayakoba, Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi, or the Park Hyatt Melbourne, where paid rates can cost up to $800/night. View category 5 hotels here.
You’ll need 15K points in a category 4 hotel like the Park Hyatt Toronto, Grand Hyatt Washington DC, The Confidante Miami Beach, Grand Hyatt Seattle, MGM Grand Las Vegas, Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor, Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Hyatt Regency Amsterdam, Hyatt Regency Paris Étoile, Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Grand Hyatt Dubai, Grand Hyatt Seoul, Grand Hyatt Melbourne, or the Grand Hyatt Taipei, where paid rates can cost up to $700/night. View category 4 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 12K points in category 3 hotels like the Hyatt Regency Toronto, Grand Hyatt Denver, Grand Hyatt Atlanta, Hyatt Regency Phoenix, Hyatt Palm Springs, Hyatt House Los Angeles/El Segundo, Hyatt Place LaGuardia Airport, Hyatt Place Niagara Falls, Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City, Hyatt House Austin/Downtown, Hyatt Place Waikiki Beach Honolulu, Hyatt Regency Casablanca, Hyatt Regency Tokyo, where paid rates can cost up to $500/night. View category 3 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 8K points in category 2 hotels like the Hyatt Place Cleveland/Legacy Village (the only hotel within walking distance of the local Jewish community), Hyatt Regency Montreal, Hyatt House Anchorage, Hyatt Regency Morristown, Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad, Hyatt Regency Cleveland at The Arcade, Hyatt Place Pittsburgh South/Meadows Racetrack & Casino, Hyatt House across from Universal Orlando Resort, Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, Hyatt Regency O’Hare, Park Hyatt Mendoza, Hyatt Regency Johannesburg, where paid rates can cost up to $400/night. View category 2 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
You’ll need 5K points in category 1 hotels like the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Airport, Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel, Hyatt Place Panama City/Downtown, Park Hyatt Chennai, or the Hyatt Regency Bali, where paid rates can cost up to $300/night. View category 1 hotels here. These hotels are eligible for the anniversary free nights as well.
The Park Hyatt Sydney and Sydney Opera House, as seen from the Sydney Harbour Bridge, January 2011:
Not a bad view from your room!
Dan’s Quick Thoughts
I’m underwhelmed by this card offering, though perhaps that’s because of how generous the World of Hyatt consumer card offering is. There are no free nights or elite qualifying nights for being a cardholder and the rebate for $50K of spending is capped too low.
The main benefit for this card will be for those who spend their way to top-tier Globalist status. On the World of Hyatt card in a normal year, that requires $140,000 for 56 nights, plus the 5 nights that come with the card to get to Globalist. Of course that number goes down if you spend paid or award nights in Hyatt hotels.
On the World of Hyatt Business card in a normal year, that requires $120,000 for 60 nights to get to Globalist. Or if you have both cards, you would need $110,000 of spending to get 55 nights, plus the 5 nights that come with the consumer card to get to Globalist.
The 75K signup bonus is good, but I’m not sure if the card benefits will justify the annual fee for all except big spenders gunning for Globalist.
It’s worth noting that the Chase Ink Cash and Ink Unlimited cards also offer 75K points for $7,500 of spending in 3 months, but those cards have no annual fee.
Will you apply for the World of Hyatt Business Card?