In 2015 Amazon started “Black Friday in July.” While the first year was somewhat of a letdown for many people, the past 5 years were packed with some really great bargains, with over 100 deals posted last year!
This year’s Prime Day has been delayed due to COVID-19, but the sales will start tonight and continue through Wednesday.
The past five years had some of the lowest prices we’ve ever seen on many everyday items such as toilet paper, tinfoil, ziplocs, lightbulbs, soap, Samsonite Luggage, blenders, Roombas, books, DNA tests, drills, toys, as well as sales on electronics like Bose Headphones, flash memory, gaming consoles, printers, Chromebooks, vacuums, TV’s, kitchen appliances/mixers, Amazon devices, even Amazon Gift Cards were on sale, and much more.
Last year’s Prime Day had one of the best Price Mistakes of all time on digital cameras, you can read a roundup of the best Prime Day deals ever here.
Amazon has already launched a few deals as lead up Prime Day deals. Plus you can save even more with targeted AMEX $20 off $50 or $20 off $80, targeted $20 off $80 with Capital One, targeted $15 off $50 with Chase, or targeted 20% off with Discover! You can be sure there will be many more incredible uses of these promotions on Prime Day itself.
Here is a list of some deals that are already live:
- $50 off Audible annual membership.
- 3 months of Amazon Kids+ for $0.99
- 2 months of Starz for $0.99/month.
- 2 months of ShowTime for $0.99/month
- 6 months of Reader’s Digest with auto-renew for $1.50.
- New Subscribers: 4 Months Of Amazon Music Unlimited For $0.99 Plus Get $5 Back With Chase Offers!
- Prime Members: Spend $10 With Select Small Business Sellers On Amazon And Get $10 Amazon Credit For Prime Day
- Prime Members: Spend $10 At Whole Foods And Get $10 In Amazon Credit For Prime Day
- Prime Members: Echo Show 8 HD Smart Display For $64.99 From Amazon After $65 Off!
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa: $18.99
- Echo Auto- Hands-free Alexa in your car with your phone: $19.99
- Echo Show 5 — Smart display with Alexa – stay connected with video calling – Charcoal: $44.99
- Echo Show 5 Charcoal with Blink Mini Indoor Smart Security Camera: $49.99
- Echo Flex – Plug-in mini smart speaker with Alexa: $9.99
- Echo Studio – High-fidelity smart speaker with 3D audio and Alexa: $149.99
- Ring Peephole Cam with Echo Dot (3rd Gen): $69.99
- Certified Refurbished Ring Video Doorbell Pro: $99.99
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 with Echo Show 5: $149.99
- Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus with Echo Show 5: $169.99
- Fire HD 10 Tablet (10.1″ 1080p full HD display, 32 GB): $79.99
- All-new Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet, 8″ HD display, 32 GB: $79.99
- Toshiba TF-32A710U21 32-inch Smart HD TV – Fire TV Edition: $119.99
- All-New Toshiba 32LF221U21 32-inch Smart HD 720p TV – Fire TV Edition: $119.99
- All-New Toshiba 43LF421U21 43-inch Smart HD 1080p TV: $179.99
- All-New Insignia NS-43DF710NA21 43-inch Smart 4K UHD – Fire TV Edition: $199.99
- All-New Toshiba 43LF621U21 43-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision – Fire TV Edition: $209.99
- All-New Insignia NS-50DF710NA21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD – Fire TV Edition: $249.99
- All-New Toshiba 50LF621U21 50-inch Smart 4K UHD with Dolby Vision – Fire TV Edition: $259.99
- Certified Refurbished Kindle: $49.99
- Kindle Kids Edition Essentials Bundle: $92.97
- Kindle Essentials Bundle including Kindle, now with a built-in front light: $94.97
- Kindle Essentials Bundle including Kindle, now with a built-in front light: $119.97
Prime Day starts 10/13 at 2:59am EDT, aside from being online at 2:59am to grab limited time offers, here are some tips for snagging the deals you want.
1. You will need to be an Amazon Prime member. You can sign up now for a free 30 day trial of Prime here to participate in these deals. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you 20% off diapers and wipes among other benefits) or Amazon Student. You can also get discounted Prime if you have an EBT card. Be sure to share your household membership to double up on savings.
3. Many of the special Prime Day deals will be featured as Amazon Lightning Deals. The best deals will be claimed very quickly so if you see an item you want add it to your cart the moment it goes live. Once added to your cart you will have 15 minutes to decide whether you want to purchase it or not. If you missed the opportunity to claim something you wanted, join the wait list. You will have to monitor your cart. If the item expires in someone else’s cart, it will then appear in yours and you will have 15 minutes to complete your purchase.
Amazon will be releasing more sales as we approach Prime Day so be sure to sign up for Twitter alerts, browser alerts, Telegram alerts, or follow our Facebook Page so you don’t miss out on the best Prime day deals this year!
We’ll be covering the best deals all day long, so if you don’t want to miss out be sure to sign up for DansDeals deal alerts.
- Join the 88K+ people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com!
- Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts.
- Follow @DansDeals on Telegram for instant deal notifications.
- Follow @DansDeals on Instagram and keep up with my latest pics from on the road and at home.
- Discuss or ask about whatever is on your mind and dig deeper into all kinds of deals at DDF (DansDeals Forums) at www.dansdeals.com/forums. There are now over 29K DDF members who have made over 2.2 million posts in more than 98,000 different topics! Feel free to browse the wealth of information there and click on “register” in order to be able to start posting your own tips or ask questions about anything you’d like to know about. After you register just click on the appropriate forum (Destination Guides, Trip Reports, Credit Cards, COVID-19, Goods For Sale, Up In The Air, etc.) and you can search for information (always start with a search as your question has probably already been answered!), add your own new thread topic, or reply to any existing one. It’s fun and easy! Need help with registering or getting started? Just post a comment right on this post and I’ll help you out!
- Join the 39K+ people following the DansDeals.com Facebook group who used to get instant email alerts of only the hottest deals before facebook stupidly turned off the “email group” feature. Now it’s more of a poorly organized version of DDF…though it has its moments.
- Like and follow the DansDeals.com Facebook page.
- Subscribe to the DansDeals.com RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/feed, or to the DansDeals comments RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/comments/feed where you can get updates on all the recent comments, no matter which deal they’re posted on.
- 31K+ people receive a daily email digest of everything posted on Dansdeals.com via Google’s Feedburner service! Bear in mind that with this service you will receive emails a day after a deal is posted, so there’s a decent chance that by the time you get the email the deal will be dead already…which is why I prefer the twitter option. It seems to be a favorite pastime of Feedburner subscribers to email me asking how dare I send them an email of deals after the deal is already dead or to leave irate comments like this one. At any rate to subscribe just locate the “Daily Email Digest” section in the sidebar of this site, enter your email address, and subscribe. You can also use the Feedburner RSS feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Dansdeals
- Post comments and share your thoughts right on the site under every single deal posting! Participating and interacting is what makes this site fun! Every deal also has a comments RSS feed that you can subscribe to.
Amazon offers free shipping with $25+ orders or get free 1 day shipping on all orders with a free trial of Amazon Prime. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you up to 20% off diapers among other benefits) or Amazon Student. EBT/Medicaid Cardholders can save on Prime Membership here.