Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Originally posted on 7/23:
Table of Contents
Limited time signup bonuses:
- For a limited time only, you can earn 100K Marriott bonus points for opening the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card and spending $3,000 in 3 months.
- For a limited time only, you can earn 50K Marriott bonus points for opening the Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card and spending $1,000 in 3 months.
Comparison to previous signup bonus:
- The previous signup bonus on the Boundless card was 75K points for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
- The previous signup bonus on the Bold card was 30K points for spending $1,000 in 3 months.
Previous limited time offers for these cards required additional spending to get the signup bonus, such as 100K points for spending $5,000 on the Boundless card, but the spend threshold hasn’t been changed with this limited time offer!
- The Boundless card has a $95 annual fee, though the signup bonus and annual anniversary nights are worth well more than that.
- The Bold card has no annual fee.
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if:
- You have an active Chase Marriott consumer Boundless, Bold, or Premier card.
- You got a bonus on a Chase Marriott consumer card in the past 24 months.
- You have or had an active Starwood AMEX/Marriott Bonvoy AMEX Consumer card in the past 30 days.
- You were approved for a Starwood Luxury AMEX/Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX card or the Starwood Business/Marriott Bonvoy Business AMEX in the past 90 days
- You received a signup bonus for a Starwood Luxury/Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX or the Starwood Business/Marriott Bonvoy Business AMEX card in the past 24 months.
All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
- 2 points per dollar everywhere.
- 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- 1 point per dollar everywhere.
- 2 points per dollar on all travel purchases.
- 3 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- Purchase protection covers items purchased up to $500 against theft or damage for 120 days.
- Extended warranty protection adds an additional year on the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Car rental CDW insurance covers rentals in the US on a secondary basis and rentals outside of the US on a primary basis.
- Trip delay reimbursement covers $500/passenger for expenses due to delays of 12+ hours.
- Lost luggage reimbursement covers luggage lost or damaged, up to $3,000/passenger.
You’ll need to spend $1,000 or $3,000 within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.87% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Airline transfer bonus:
You can transfer increments of 60K Marriott points into 25K airline miles or 27.5K miles with United.
Additionally, airlines often have their own bonuses for hotel point transfers.
Marriott has dozens of valuable airline transfer partners, such as Aegean, Alaska, American, JAL, Lufthansa, Qantas, and dozens more!
Miles from these airlines can be very valuable and hard to get from other sources. For example JAL miles allow you to book awards on Emirates, AA, and BA with discounted or no fuel surcharges as well as mileage bargains. Alaska miles opens up bargains on airlines like Cathay Pacific and Qantas with no fuel surcharges and they allow 2 free stopovers on awards.
Premium internet access:
Boundless cardholders get free premium in-room internet at Marriott hotels.
Both cards offer Silver Elite status, which gives 10% bonus points, late checkout, and more.
If you spend $35K/year on the Boundless card you will earn Gold elite status, which gives 25% bonus points, late checkout, room upgrades, a points amenity on paid and award stays, and more.
Both cards also offer 15 elite night credits for having the card.
You can get 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott consumer card and 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott business card. You can combine those nights with promotional nights to reach higher elite tiers.
You can’t get 2 sets of 15 elite night credits if you only have consumer or only have business cards.
Officially you can’t convert until you have had your card for 12 months, but some reps will allow conversions at any time.
Boundless cardholders will receive a free night upon every card anniversary valid at hotels that cost up to 35K points. Anniversary nights can be worth several times the annual fee on this card! Anniversary nights expire 12 months after they post to your account.
Marriott Award Chart:
This is what the current Marriott award chart looks like. Anniversary nights from the Boundless card can be used at category 1-4 hotels on all dates and on category 5 hotels on off-peak or standard dates. Anniversary nights from the Ritz card can be used at category 1-5 hotels on all dates, on category 6 hotels on off-peak or standard dates, and on category 7 hotels on off-peak dates.
100,000 points will get you anywhere from 20 off-peak category 1 nights to 1 peak night at a top-tier hotel where rates can exceed $3,000/night.
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
Sample hotels where you can use your Boundless anniversary or bonus night:
The following are sample category 1-5 hotels:
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- W Atlanta – Downtown
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
- Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
- AC Hotel Boston Downtown
- Aloft Boston Seaport District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
- Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, Cleveland
- Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
- The Westin Southfield Detroit
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
- The Westin Resort Guam
- Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, Hawaii
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Courtyard Key Largo
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
- Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
- Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
- Aloft Miami Aventura
- Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
- AC Hotel Miami Beach
- Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside
- Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Moxy New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District, New York
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, New York
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Autograph Collection, Orlando
- Courtyard Palm Springs
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Park City Marriott
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town
- Westin San Diego
- Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
- Park Tower, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- W Brisbane, Australia
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel, Australia
- The Westin Melbourne, Australia
- The Westin Perth, Australia
- Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, Australia
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, Australia
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia
- The Westin Sydney, Australia
- Das Triest, Vienna, a Member of Design Hotels, Austria
- JW Marriott Absheron Baku, Azerbaijan
- Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, Brazil
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Delta Hotels Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, Canada
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, Canada
- Courtyard Niagara Falls, Canada
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, Canada
- The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada
- W Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Chengdu, China
- JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, China
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
- The S. Regis Shanghai Jingan, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, China
- The S. Regis Shenzhen, China
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Wuhan, China
- Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, Costa Rica
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
- Courtyard Prague City, Czech Republic
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, France
- Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, Paris, France
- Athens Marriott Hotel, Greece
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu, Greece
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
- Mira Moon Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels
- The S. Regis Mumbai, India
- AC Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy
- STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels, Italy
- Courtyard Rome Central Park, Italy
- Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection, Herzliya, Israel
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, Japan
- Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel, Japan
- Hotel Pacai, Vilnius, a Member of Design Hotels, Lithuania
- Courtyard Vilnius City Center, Lithuania
- JW Marriott Hotel Macau
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Malaysia
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius
- Marriott Cancun Resort, Mexico
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- The Westin Cozumel, Mexico
- Le Méridien Mexico City
- Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Mexico
- Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, New Zealand
- W Panama
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel, Portugal
- S. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- The Westin Cape Town, South Africa
- The Westin Chosun Seoul, South Korea
- Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland
- Sheraton Zurich Hotel, Switzerland
- Hotel Proverbs Taipei, a Member of Design Hotels, Taiwan
- Taipei Marriott Hotel, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Thailand
- The S. Regis Bangkok, Thailand
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai, Thailand
- JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach – Phuket, Thailand
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, Turkey
- W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island, UAE
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, UAE
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, UK
- Residence Inn London Kensington, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, UK
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam
Will you signup for this limited time offer? Where do you use your anniversary nights?