DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Marriott has limited the number of elite night credits earned from having their credit cards to 15/year, but effective today you can get 30 elite night credits per year if you have both a Marriott consumer and Marriott business credit card!
If you click on details you can see the breakdown of your nights:
Marriott Gold status requires 25 nights, so you’ll get that if you have a Marriott consumer+business credit card. Platinum status requires 50 nights, so you’ll need just 20 nights to earn that status if you have a Marriott consumer+business credit card.
With 2 cards you’ll also get 2 annual anniversary nights, which also count towards elite status.
Platinum status isn’t nearly as good as it was under SPG as hotels have gotten stingier with suite upgrades, but it still gets you 50% bonus points, 4pm checkout, a points amenity, lounge access, 5 suite upgrade night awards, and more.
Marriott consumer cards that are currently available include:
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold Consumer Card
- JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton Card (Available as an upgrade from Chase Marriott consumer cards)
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Consumer AMEX
- Marriott Bonvoy Consumer AMEX (Available as a downgrade from Marriott Bonvoy Consumer AMEX)
Marriott business cards that are currently available include:
HT: Leon F. via TPG