DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Table of Contents
Limited time welcome bonus and annual fee waiver:
Until 12/10, you will get $300 cash back for opening the Blue Cash Preferred AMEX and spending $3,000 in 6 months. Previous welcome bonus offers for this card has ranged from $0-$250 and had a 3 month spending threshold period.
The annual fee on this card is normally $95, but if you apply with this offer the annual fee will be waived for the first year!
If you buy $500 of groceries per month for 6 months you’ll earn the $300 welcome bonus and $180 cash back from the groceries, for a total of $480 cash back!
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if you have or previously had this card. If you are not eligible for the bonus a pop-up will appear to let you know before you submit your application.
However the Blue Cash Preferred has awesome cashback categories:
- This card earns a whopping 6% cash back at US supermarkets. That includes large chains and standalone grocery stores. There is a cap of $6,000 in annual spending for this bonus, so you can get up to $360 cash back annually on grocery shopping. After $6,000 spent at grocery stores you’ll earn 1% cash back.
- You’ll get 6% cash back on US streaming services with no cap, including Amazon Music Unlimited, Apple Music, Apple TV+, AT&T Now, Audible, CBS All Access, Disney+, ESPN+, Fubo TV, HBO, Hulu, iHeartRadio, Kindle Unlimited, Luminary, MLB.TV, NBA League Pass, Netflix, NHL.TV, Pandora, Peacock, Prime Video, Showtime, Sling TV, SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite, Spotify, Stitcher, TIDAL, YouTube Music Premium, YouTube Premium, YouTube TV
- You’ll get 3% cash back at US gas stations, with no cap.
- You’ll get 3% cash back with on transit with no cap, including taxis, rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more.
- You’ll get 1% cash back on everything else
Earn statement credits at websites and stores that you register for in your AMEX account.
Return Protection And Other AMEX Protections:
My favorite AMEX benefit is return protection. If you need to return an item up to $300 and a store won’t take it back due to a time limited or final sale policy, AMEX will gladly refund you thanks to return protection. Nearly all of the time you’ll even be able to keep the item, but if you are asked to send it back, the return shipping will be free. This benefit is valid for $1,000 of returns per card per calendar year.
Additionally, if a store charges a restocking fee to return an item then AMEX will cover that cost, up to $300/item, as part of their return protection coverage.
Unfortunately as of 2020, most AMEX cards got rid of return protection. Cards that no longer have return protection include higher end cards like AMEX Business Gold ($295/year), AMEX Gold ($250/year), Delta Platinum and Delta Business Platinum ($250/year), AMEX Green ($150/year), Marriott Business ($125/year), Delta Gold and Delta Business Gold ($99/year), and most lower end cards as well.
The Blue Cash Preferred card escaped unscathed though and continues to offer return protection!
Other AMEX benefits include:
- An additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
- If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- If your item is stolen or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered.
- Complimentary Shoprunner 2 day free shipping and return shipping on hundreds of websites.
- Secondary car rental CDW protection worldwide and primary available for $19.95/rental.
- See this post to see just how amazing AMEX benefits can be.
You can convert this card to the Blue Cash Everyday Card with no annual fee. That card earns 3% cash back at US supermarkets up to $6K, 2% cash back at US gas stations and select d4epartment stores, and 1% cash back elsewhere.
This card offers 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months.
Will you signup for a Blue Cash Preferred® Card with this limited time offer?