Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Citi Rewards+ Card: 15K Points, 0% APR, And Incredible For Small Purchases+ThankYou Redemption Rebates
Table of Contents
You’ll earn 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months on a new Citi Rewards+ Card
Plus if you’re approved by 5/31, you’ll get an additional 3 months to complete the $1,000 of spending, for a total of 6 months to earn the signup bonus!
Signup bonus rules
- You can receive the bonus on this card if you haven’t received a bonus or closed a consumer Citi ThankYou card in the past 24 months.
- Citi allows applications for 1 card every 8 days and 2 cards every 2 months. Business cards are limited to once every 3 months. Add a few extra days in between applications to be safe.
- Round up to the nearest 10 points on all purchases. If you spend $1, you’ll earn 10 points! If you make a $0.50 Amazon balance reload you’ll also earn 10 points, which is equal to earning 20 points per dollar spent!
- Earn 2 Points per $1 spent at supermarkets and gas stations for the first $6,000 per year.
- Earn 1 points per dollar elsewhere, rounded up to the nearest 10 points per transaction.
Redemptions and 10% redemption rebate
Cardholders get a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. That means if you redeem 15K points for a $150 gift card good for hundreds of different stores, you’ll get a rebate of 1.5K points.
This card can’t transfer points into miles, except for JetBlue at a 5:4 ratio. That means if you transfer 10K points to JetBlue you’ll get 8,000 TrueBlue points and you’ll get a rebate of 1,000 points, which can be transferred to JetBlue once again with another 10% rebate.
However if you also have a Citi Premier card you’ll get a 10% rebate on points transferred to miles or on points used for paid airfare with a 25% bonus. More on that below.
Citi also allows you to transfer points other members.
Zero APR on purchases and balance transfers
- Get 0% intro APR on purchases for 15 months from date of account opening
- Get 0% intro APR on balance transfers for 15 months from date of the first transfer.
- Balance transfers need to be completed in the first 4 months of account opening.
- There is a balance transfer fee of $5 or 3% of the amount of the transfer, whichever is greater.
Virtual card numbers
While Citi co-branded cards like their AA cards no longer offer virtual card numbers, their ThankYou cards like Rewards+ still do.
With a virtual card number you can set a dollar limit and/or expiration date to generate a one-time use credit card number so that you don’t keep getting charged for subscriptions or have your real card number stolen, among myriad other potential uses.
Point transfer options with Citi Premier
If you also have a Citi Premier card, you can transfer points into miles or you can redeem points for paid travel at a value of 1.25 cents per point.
Alternatively, you can upgrade your Rewards+ card to Premier in order to make a mileage transfer.
- Citi mileage transfer partners now include:
- Aeromexico (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Avianca Lifemiles (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Emirates: 1K:1K
- Etihad: 1K:1K
- EVA (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Garuda Indonesia (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- JetPrivilege: 1K:1K
- JetBlue: 1K:1K
- Malaysia (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qantas (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qatar (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Singapore (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Thai (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Turkish (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Virgin Atlantic: 1K:1K
Plus you’ll get a 10% points rebate with a Rewards+ Card!
For example you can transfer miles to Turkish Airlines to fly from the US to Tel Aviv on United for just 28.8K points in coach after the 10% rebate:
Or 42.3K points in Polaris business class after the 10% rebate:
There are lots of other bargains after the 10% points rebate:
- Fly one-way anywhere in the US, including Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and USVI, for just 6,750 points in coach or 11,250 points in business class on United with no fuel surcharges.
- Fly one-way anywhere to Canada or Mexico for just 9K points in coach or 13,500 points in business class on United with no fuel surcharges.
- Fly one-way to Europe for 40.5K points in business class on United with no fuel surcharges.
Do you have a Citi Rewards+ Card?