Update 4/5: DEAD!
Update: According to Sprint reps, this amazing offer will end tomorrow! If you signup now then service will be free through 4/30/20.
Originally posted on 4/30/18:
Sprint has been running a promotion for a free year of service since last June, but with their T-Mobile merger I’d guess that this offer is now living on borrowed time. This is exactly the kind of deal that would be lost in a market with 3 competitors.
There is no published end date for this promotion.
If you switch to Sprint with one of the following phones you can get free service:
- Apple iPhone SE, 5C (Verizon only), 5S (Verizon only), 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, 7 (Verizon only), 7 Plus (Verizon only), 8 (Verizon only), 8 Plus (Verizon only), X (Verizon only).
- BLU S1/VIVO S
- Essential Phone
- Google Nexus 5 (Verizon only), 5X, 6, 6P, Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel XL 2, Pixel 3, Pixel XL 3
- HTC One A9 (Sprint only)
- LG X Charge
- Motorola E4, E4 Plus, Z2 Play, Z3 Play, G4, G4 Play, G4 Plus, G5 Plus, G5 Plus Special Edition, X Pure Edition, X4, G6, G6 Play, G7 Reo
- Orbic Wonder
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition, S7 edge Special Edition, S8 (Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile), S8+ (Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile), S8 Special Edition, S8+ Special Edition, S9 Special Edition, S9+ Special Edition,S10, S10e, S10+, Note8 Special Edition, Note9
Additional phones may also be eligible. You can check compatibility here.
I’m not sure what the special edition means, but my Verizon Note8 says that it’s eligible after inputting its IMEI into the Sprint site.
- Free service until 5/31/19 for new customers who switch to Sprint.
- A standard $2.50 admin fee, $0.40 regulatory fee and other taxes and fees apply
- Your $30 activation fee is waived as part of this promotion. The fee will appear on your first bill and a credit will appear within 2 bills.
- Requires a Sprint SIM card ($2.99 plus $10 shipping), eBill ,and Sprint AutoPay
- There is no contract with this plan, you can cancel for free at any time. If you keep the service after 5/31/19 you will pay: Line 1: $60/mo, Line 2: $40/mo, Lines 3-5: $30/mo/line
- You can keep your phone, number, and accessories.
- You will get unlimited data, talk and text with HD streaming: Video at speeds up to 1080p, Music at up to 1.5mbps, Gaming streams at up to 8mbps
- Unlimited 4G LTE data for most everything else. Data deprioritization applies during congestion.
- Free unlimited Global 2G data.
- After 4 months of service you can upgrade to a new Sprint phone by leasing or purchasing it in monthly installments – you’ll still enjoy your free year of service. If you lose or break your phone before 4 months and don’t have insurance you’ll have to bring your own eligible device or pay the full retail price for a phone from Sprint.