While other hotel chains devalue their programs again and again (I’m looking at you Fairmont, Hilton, IHG, and Marriott!), Hyatt continues to add value to their World of Hyatt loyalty program while maintaining excellent point redemption values.
- They improved the Chase World Of Hyatt Credit Card, giving it the ability to earn top-tier status and other benefits.
- They offer annual summer point rebates for cardholders.
- They added reciprocal benefits with American.
- They improved their BRG.
- They started allowing promotional bonus points on award stays.
- They started counting award nights for earning status and added the ability to confirm an upgrade on award stays to suites.
- They have added the ability to redeem points at SLH hotels and they keep adding more of those to their portfolio.
- They acquired Two Roads Hospitality and have added Alila, Joie de Vivre, Thompson and tommie brands to their portfolio. They will also add Destination Hotels later this year.
As of today you can book some Alila hotels with Hyatt points, with others coming online soon (Listed after each property is the first date you will be able to book each hotel on Hyatt.com):
- Ventana Big Sur – an Alila Resort – Big Sur, California (June 25)
- Alila Solo – Solo (Surakarta), Central Java, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Seminyak – Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Studios at Alila Seminyak – Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Ubud – Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Villas Uluwatu – Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia (June 25)
- Alila Villas Koh Russey – Koh Russey, Sihanoukville Province, Cambodia (June 26)
- Alila Bangsar – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (June 26)
- Alila Manggis – Karangasem, Bali, Indonesia (June 26)
- Alila SCBD – Jakarta, Java, Indonesia (June 26)
- Alila Diwa Goa – Salcette, Goa, India (July 15)
- The Diwa Club by Alila – Salcette, Goa, India (July 15)
- Alila Jabal Akhdar – Jabal Al Akhdar, Oman (July 15)
- Alila Fort Bishangarh – Jaipur, Rajasthan, India (July 16)
- Alila Anji – Anji, Zhejiang, China (July 16)
- Alila Wuzhen – Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China (July 16)
Some of the values here are just insane!
The Ventana Big Sur is perfectly located for a break on the PCH as you take the heavenly drive down from San Francisco to LA. You can read more about the PCH here on DDF (and of course you’ll stop in Oxnard to enjoy dining at Tierra Sur at Herzog Winery, one of the finest kosher restaurants in the world!)
The Hyatt member rate for a King room in the summer: $1,369 or 30K points. That’s a value of 4.56 cents per point! Or just 27K points if you have a World Of Hyatt Credit Card after the 10% points rebate. You can transfer points instantly from Chase to Hyatt at a 1:1 ratio.
You can redeem 30K Hyatt points instead of paying $871 for a 1 bedroom villa with a private pool at the Alila Villas Uluwatu in Bali. That’s a value of 2.9 cents per point!
Want to stay in Bali while saving your points? The Studios at Alila Seminyak are just 5K points instead of $212! That’s a value of 4.24 cents per point!
You can earn Hyatt points with the Chase World of Hyatt credit card.
You can also instantly transfer points from Chase Ultimate Rewards cards like Sapphire Preferred, Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred to Hyatt. You can also rack up Chase points on the Ink Cash Card, Ink Unlimited Card, Freedom Card, and Freedom Unlimited Card. Read more about maximizing Chase card spending here.
Will you book any Alila hotel stays with your Hyatt points?