DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update, 2/2/21: Caesar’s did indeed downgrade me from Diamond to Gold. I applied here to match my Wyndham Diamond status back to Caesar’s Diamond again by clicking on “I’m a Wyndham Rewards member.” It says that the match will be completed within 7 days!
Update, 1/4/21: Wyndham Diamond status has been automatically extended through 12/31/21, so there’s no need to match from Caesar’s to Wyndham, but you can still do so if you want to here by clicking on “I’m a Caesars Rewards member”. It’s unclear if matched Caesar’s Diamond status will be extended from 1/31/21 to 1/31/22, but if it’s not you should still be able to match back from Wyndham Diamond to Caesar’s Diamond on 2/1/21 to continue the infinite status match loop.
Note that Wyndham’s Diamond status is currently unavailable if you’re not already on the infinite status match loop bandwagon with either Wyndham Diamond or Caesar’s Diamond status.
Update, 2/16/20: Here are my thoughts from my free Atlantis stay thanks to Caesar’s Diamond status.
Update, 1/6/20: The infinite status match loop lives on!
I just matched my Caesars Total Rewards Diamond status back to Wyndham Diamond again!
Next month I’ll match back from Wyndham Diamond to Caesars Total Rewards Diamond in order to extend that to next year.
Originally posted on 1/17/19:
Wyndham offers status matches from other hotel chains to Gold, Platinum, and Diamond. You can get top-tier Wyndham diamond status with Marriott Gold or higher, Hilton Gold or higher, Radisson Gold or higher, IHG Platinum or higher, Hyatt Globalist, and more.
There are lots of credit cards that give free hotel status just for having the card. For example:
- The AMEX Platinum Business and AMEX Platinum Consumer cards give Marriott Gold and Hilton Gold status.
- The Chase IHG card gives IHG Platinum status.
- The Chase World of Hyatt card gives Hyatt Discoverist status and the ability to earn Explorist or top-tier Globalist status through bonus status nights earned through spending.
- The AMEX Hilton Business card gives Hilton Gold status and it gives top-tier Diamond status if you spend $40K.
- The AMEX Hilton card gives Hilton Silver status and Gold if you spend $20K.
- The AMEX Hilton Ascend card gives Hilton Gold status and top-tier Diamond status if you spend $40K.
- The AMEX Hilton Aspire card gives Hilton Diamond status.
- The Chase Marriott Consumer Card gives Marriott Silver status and it gives Gold if you spend $35K.
- The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card gives Marriott Silver status and it gives Gold if you spend $35K.
- The Marriott Brilliant Consumer AMEX and JPMorgan Chase Ritz-Carlton give Marriott Gold status and it gives Platinum if you spend $75K.
I originally applied for a Wyndham status match on 10/10/18 and was matched to diamond on 10/15/18.
Total Rewards benefits can be found here. Those include free hotel stays in Total Rewards properties, comped valet parking in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, waived resort fees for diamond members, and more. You can search for free nights in Atlantic City and Las Vegas when logged in as a Total Rewards elite member.
Additionally, Platinum members get a free 3 night stay in the Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas Beach Towers. Diamond members get a free 4 night stay in the Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas Beach Towers during peak season or a free 4 night stay in the Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas Royal Towers during off-peak times. You can call 800-752-9711 to book your free stay.
My Wyndham status was downgraded back to Blue after 90 days, but my Total Rewards Diamond status is valid through 1/31/19. I went to match my Total Rewards Diamond status back to Wyndham and was upgraded from Blue back to Diamond! It doesn’t state how long the Diamond status will last for, but if it makes it to 2/1/19 I should be able to match it back to Total Rewards Diamond after that expires on 1/31/19…
Have you been able to take advantage of free nights with your Total Rewards status?