Capital One shocked the mileage world when they announced that their points would be transferable into real airline miles. But best of all, they remain focused on improving their program and adding new partners while other programs remain stagnant.
For a limited time only, you can earn up to 100,000 bonus miles on the Capital One Venture Card! If you spend $20,000 in 12 months, you’ll have at least 140,000 miles as you earn 2 miles per dollar spent everywhere. You can read more about the offer here.
You can also earn transferrable Capital One miles on the Capital One Spark Miles card, which earns 50,000 bonus miles for spending $4,500 in 3 months and 2 miles per dollar spent.
Both of those cards also offer free Global Entry/Pre-Check.
Starting tomorrow, Capital One is adding mileage transfer partners and improving transfer ratios.
Currently, you can transfer to these partners at a 2:1.5 ratio. Tomorrow they will be at a 1:1 ratio:
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Etihad Guest
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- AeroMexico Club Premier
- Finnair Plus
- Wyndham Rewards
Capital One is also adding these new transfer partners, with the airline partners going live tomorrow and Choice going live later this year:
- British Airways Avios (2:1.5 transfer ratio)
- Choice Hotels (1:1 transfer ratio)
- TAP Air Portugal Miles&Go (1:1 transfer ratio)
- Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles (2:1.5 transfer ratio)
Here is the full lineup of Capital One’s 19 transfer partners with their transfer ratios:
- Accor Hotels (2:1)
- Aeromexico (1:1, SkyTeam)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (2:1.5, SkyTeam)
- Alitalia (2:1.5, SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1:1, Star Alliance)
- British Airways Avios (2:1.5, OneWorld)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1:1, OneWorld)
- Choice Hotels (1:1)
- EVA (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Etihad (1:1, No alliance)
- Emirates (2:1, No alliance)
- Finnair (1:1, OneWorld)
- JetBlue (2:1.5, No alliance)
- Qantas (1:1, OneWorld)
- Singapore (2:1, Star Alliance)
- TAP Air Portugal (1:1 transfer ratio, Star Alliance)
- Turkish Airlines (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Wyndham Hotels (1:1)
The 1:1 transfer partners are great news as you earn 2 miles per dollar spent. Avianca Lifemiles is a great option to have a 1:1 ratio for their cheap United flights. Qantas is also a great 1:1 option as they can book El Al award tickets.
Turkish Airlines is a fantastic new transfer option as they can book dirt cheap Star Alliance and United tickets. Currently only Citi transfers to Turkish. Domestic awards, including Hawaii, cost just 7.5K miles in coach or 12.5K miles in business class! Tickets to Israel cost just 32K miles in coach or 47K miles in business class!
Here is the Turkish Airlines award chart for one-way Star Alliance travel from North America:
|Between the US and:||Economy||Business||First|
|US, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and USVI||7.5K||12.5K||N/A|
|Central and North Africa||30K||49K||73K|
|Southern Africa and Far East||45K||67.5K||100K|
|South America and Oceania||52.5K||75K||115K|
Capital One airport lounges will also launch later this year with its first lounge in Dallas/DFW this summer and another lounge in Washington/IAD to open next year. It’s unclear what lounge entry requirements will entail.
Lounges will feature local beers, craft cocktails, exercise rooms, nursing rooms, kids rooms, soundproof relaxation rooms, secure lockers, prayer rooms, and shower suites!
Will you open a Capital One Venture Card to take advantage of these offers?