Update: This best ever limited time offer will end at 3pm EST today!
Originally posted on 8/8:
Citibank is now offering 60,000 points for signing up for the Citi ThankYou Premier Card spending $4,000 in 3 months.
Comparison to previous signup bonus:
This Citi ThankYou Premier Card has offered 20K-50K signup points previously. 60,000 points is the highest public offer on this card ever!
The $95 annual fee is waived for the first 12 months.
You can receive the bonus on this card if you haven’t received a bonus or closed the Citi ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier, or Citi Prestige card in the past 24 months. You can get the bonus if you currently have those cards.
Your Citi ThankYou points will not expire for as long as they remain a cardholder.
Earn 3 points per dollar on travel. The travel category includes airfare, car rentals, hotels, cruises, travel agencies, public transportation, timeshares, boat rentals, taxis, tolls, trains, parking, Uber, Lyft, etc.
Earn 3 points per dollar on gas stations.
Earn 2 points per dollar on dining. Dining includes coffee shops, cafes, bar, lounges, and restaurants.
Earn 2 points per dollar on entertainment. Entertainment includes sporting events, amusement parks, zoos, museums, tourist attractions, theater, concerts, movies, video rentals, internet steaming media, etc.
There are no foreign transaction fees.
25% bonus point value for paid airfare:
You can use the points at a value of 1.25 cents each towards airfare. The 60,000 signup points are enough for $750 of paid airfare.
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (Skyteam): 1K:1K (Currently 1K:1.3K with 30% bonus through 8/29)
- Fly between the US and Israel for 25K miles or pay under 20K miles with promo awards from rotating cities.
- Avianca Lifemiles (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Fly domestic short haul flights on United for just 7.5K miles or fly in Lufthansa first class to Europe for 87K miles with no fuel surcharges.
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- A business class award to Europe on partners American or British Airways is just 50K miles. Fuel surcharges on British Airways are lower than with other programs.
- Etihad: 1K:1K
- EVA (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Garuda Indonesia (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Jet Airways: 1K:1K
- JetBlue: 1K:500
- Occasional transfer bonuses make this ratio more palatable.
- Malaysia (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qantas (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qatar (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Singapore (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Thai (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Turkish (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Virgin Atlantic: 1K:1K
You can redeem points for gift cards to dozens of stores at 1 cent each. 60,000 points would be enough for $600 in gift cards for stores like Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, LLBean, Staples, Target, TJMaxx, and more.
Redeeming miles for El Al without fuel surcharges:
With Qantas miles you can redeem for El Al award tickets without any fuel surcharges! You read more about this option here.
- A one-way coach ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 42K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
- A one-way premium economy ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 63K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
- A one-way business class ticket from NYC to Tel Aviv is 78K Qantas miles and there are no fuel surcharges.
If you were using AMEX points to transfer into El Al Matmid points, that one-way business class award is currently 112.5K points plus $350 in fees and will be going up to 127.5K points plus $450 in fees next April! It’s significantly cheaper to book that trip by transferring Citi ThankYou points to Qantas.
Will you signup for a Citi Premier card?