Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, the best way for society to make it through COVID-19 with the lowest mortality rate is by staying at home. That being said, some people still need to travel home, others need to travel for essential or emergency purposes, and people can try to book for after they think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
- Bookable on CheapOAir or Air Canada.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred to earn 2 points or Sapphire Reserve to earn 3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
Air Canada has tickets from most US cities to Sydney, Melbourne, or Brisbane from just $353 round-trip!
Travel is valid on select dates from September 2020-February 2021.
Below are just some of the valid cities and dates for this fare. Post what other deals you find!
Los Angeles-Melbourne: $353
San Francisco-Melbourne: $353
Los Angeles-Sydney: $363
San Francisco-Sydney: $363
Using Chase Points:
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The cost will be 23,550 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Kangaroo at Angelsea Golf Club on the Great Ocean Road:
Great Ocean Road, outside Melbourne:
Back in 2010-2011 Mimi and I flew around the world on the now defunct American OneWorld first class round-the-world award for 230K miles. In Australia we used the award to stop off in Melbourne, Sydney, Tasmania, and the Whitsunday Islands. Truly an awesome country!
- 3-5 days in Sydney would give you enough time to experience the phenomenal Park Hyatt, climb the Harbour bridge, check out the Opera House, pet some Koalas and Kangaroos, and have a day in the Blue Mountains.
- 4-6 days in Melbourne would allow for a road trip of the sublime Great Ocean Road and the breathtaking Grampians before going to to Melborune for Shabbos at the excellent Park Hyatt which is around the corner from a great Chabad House. A flight from Sydney to Melbourne is just 4.5K BA Avios with no fuel surcharges.
- 2-4 days in Hamilton Island or Cairns would give you time to snorkel or dive the Great Barrier Reef. If you’re going to Hamilton Island you’ll also be able to check out famous Whitehaven Beach and the Whitsunday Islands. A flight from Sydney to Hamilton Island is 7.5K BA Avios with no fuel surcharges. Sydney to Cairns is 10K Avios.
- We spent 4 nights covering the entire beautiful island of Tasmania without realizing just how much driving that would entail. Doing over a week would have been ideal. A flight from Sydney to Tasmania is 4.5K BA Avios with no fuel surcharges.
- We didn’t make it to more remote places like Uluru, Kangaroo Island, Perth, or the Australian Outback, but perhaps on a future trip? Then again 10K BA Avios can also get you from Sydney to New Zealand. That’s been on my bucket list for a very long time…
Join the 96.7K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!
HT: Leon F.