- The promotion is currently bookable on United.com for United cardholders only. This post explains why the United card is my favorite airline credit card.
Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other travel cards!
- Travel must be booked by 8/10 at 11:59pm CT.
- Travel is valid between 8/20-12/13.
- Award travel on United from the US49/Canada to Mexico and the Caribbean is normally 35K miles round-trip. With this discount it will be 28K miles if both of your travel dates fall within the promotion dates or 31.5K miles if one date falls within the promotion and one date is not within the dates of the promotion.
- Award travel on United from the US49/Canada to Hawaii is normally 45K miles round-trip. With this discount it will be 36K miles if both of your travel dates fall within the promotion dates or 40.5K miles if one date falls within the promotion and one date is not within the dates of the promotion.
- Travel only valid on United. Tickets with Hawaiian air segments will not be discounted.
- Valid Hawaii destinations: Hilo (ITO), Honolulu (HNL), Kauai (LIH), Kona (KOA), and Maui (OGG).
- Valid Caribbean destinations: Aguadilla, Puerto Rico (BQN), Havana, Cuba (HAV), Port of Spain, Trinidad (POS), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic (SDQ), San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU), Santiago, Dominican Republic (STI)
- Valid Mexican destinations: Aguascalientes (AGU), Chihuahua (CUU), Merida (MID), Morelia (MLM), Oaxaca (OAX), Puebla (PBC), Queretaro (QRO), San Luis Potosi (SLP), Tampico (TAM), Veracruz (VER), Leon (BJX), Guadalajara (GDL), Mexico City (MEX), Monterrey (MTY)
- Valid Mexican beach destinations: Cancun (CUN), Cozumel (CZM), Acapulco (ACA) – for travel beginning 11/3/18, Puerto Vallarta (PVR), Ixatpa (ZIH), Manzanillo (ZLO)
- Travel only valid in coach.
- Valid on round-trip awards only.
- Not valid on one-way, open-jaw, or stopover awards.
You can always book United awards to Hawaii for just 17.5K Singapore miles even way, however Singapore doesn’t have access to expanded award space available to United cardholders and elites.
What’s your favorite Hawaiian Island?
Want to read more about Hawaii? My love affair with Hawaii started 12 years ago when I posted and grabbed a deal paying just $87 for airfare and hotel. Since then I’ve been lucky enough to spend several months between the stunning islands, which each offer a unique and wonderful experience. You can’t go wrong with any of them, there are just 2 things is to be careful of.
1. Don’t get stuck in Honolulu. I’ve heard from too many people who spent an entire week and never left the city limits. That’s just a shame, they may as well have gone to Miami Beach. While I prefer The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui to Oahu, there is still plenty to see and experience on Oahu as long as you leave Honolulu behind.
2. Don’t try to “do” several islands in a week. If you just have 4-7 days of vacation then you should stick to one island. There will be plenty to do to keep you busy and it will allow for some time to relax. There’s no need to add the stress of interisland travel just for the sake of “doing” another island. With 9 days or more to play with, it does make sense to experience more than 1 island.
As for which island is best, read on and decide for yourself! If you ask 5 people you’ll probably get 6 different answers 😀
DansMeals: Hawaii For The Kosher Traveler:
- Part 1: General Info And The Island Of Oahu
- Part 2: The Big Island of Hawaii
- Part 3: Maui
- Part 4: Kauai
Trip reports and posts on Hawaii:
- Trip Notes: The Final United 747 Flight And 2 Days In Maui (2018)
- Trip Notes: Maui No Ka ‘Oi (2014)
- Trip Notes Kauai: Heaven On Earth (2014)
- The Hawaiian Islands. (2011)
- Traveling To Hawaii…With A 5 Month Old (2011)
- View From The Room (2011)
- Pearl Harbor…70 Years (2011)
- Shaloha! (2011)
- Hawaii Trip Notes: Kauai (2009)
- Hawaii Trip Notes: Oahu (2009)
DDF forum threads:
- Hawaii Master Thread: General Questions And Which Island To Visit?
- Big Island Of Hawaii Master Thread
- Kauai Master Thread
- Lanai, Molokai, and Niihau, Hawaii Master Thread
- Maui Master Thread
- Oahu Master Thread
- Links to trip reports from other DDF members.
Join the 91K people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com! Click here to learn how to setup text message alerts (and choose which hours of the night not to bother you) and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!