DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: This deal ends today! Transfers from AMEX has been posting instantly.
Update: You can purchase a flight on Brussels Airlines from Tel Aviv to Brussels on most dates for just $126.82, connecting to the Brussels Airlines business class flight from Brussels to JFK for 25.5K miles!
A carry-on bag from Tel Aviv to Brussels is free, and a checked bag adds $30.
I tested pricing on many of the routes, but I failed to find anything in business class from JFK to Brussels on Brussels Airlines, even when United.com showed there was availability. The pricing on the sale page was also wonky, showing that it was normally 22K miles in business class and was on sale for 18,700 miles. Chalking it up to a glitch, I didn’t mention it in the post.
However, DDF member yanky1 pointed out that although the outbound leg isn’t bookable in business class, the return leg from Brussels to JFK is bookable and it’s on sale for just 25,500 miles one-way in business class!
Brussels Airlines flies A330s on the route with staggered lie-flat seating in alternating 1-2-1 and 2-1-2 configuration.
When you search on Lifemiles’ site, change from Smart Search to Star Alliance:
Best of all, availability is wide open, with up to 6 available seats per flight as per United’s legacy award calendar, which is my preferred method for searching for Star Alliance availability. While United charges 75K miles for the flight (or more close-in), it’s just 25.5K when booked via Lifemiles!
While flights from Brussels to JFK can easily be had for 25.5K Lifemiles in business class, the JFK to Brussels flights don’t appear to have any business availability via Lifemiles. I was only successful in getting the JFK to Brussels flight to show as available in economy for 22K Lifemiles.
If you want to fly in business class from JFK to Brussels, there is availability to book with other Star Alliance airline miles, such as for 60K Air Canada miles each way.
Want to earn Lifemiles?
- You can transfer AMEX, Capital One, Or Citi points to Lifemiles at a 1:1 ratio, or Marriott points to Lifemiles at a 60K:25K ratio.
If you or a friend has one of the following Citi cards, you can transfer points into miles:
- Citi Premier has a 80,000 point bonus for spending $4,000 in 3 months, 3 points per dollar on airfare, hotels, travel agents, groceries, gas, and dining. $95 annual fee. Read more here.
Citi no-annual fee cards that are fantastic for earning points, but require one of the cards above for points transfers include:
- The Citi Double Cash card offers 2% cash back or 2 points per dollar spent everywhere that can be transferred into ThankYou points. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Custom Cash Card offers 5 points per dollar on up to $500 in purchases in your top eligible spending category each billing cycle. This is marketed as 5% cash back, but will actually come in the form of 5 ThankYou points per dollar spent! Eligible categories include Restaurants, Gas Stations, Grocery Stores, Select Travel, Select Transit, Select Streaming Services, Drugstores, Home Improvement Stores, Fitness Clubs, and Live Entertainment. You will also get 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. No annual fee. Read more here.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 20,000 points for spending $1,500 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles and get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee. Read more here.
Capital One cards with transferable points to miles include:
- Capital One Venture X Card: Earn 75,000 bonus miles for spending $4,000 in 3 months, plus earn 2 miles per dollar spent, $300 annual travel credit, 10K anniversary bonus miles, Global Entry/Pre-Check, Capital One lounge access, Priority Pass Lounge membership, and more. Read more here.
- Capital One Venture: Earn 75,000 bonus miles for spending $4,000 in 3 months, plus 2 miles per dollar spent. Read more here.
- Capital One Spark Miles: Earn 50,000 bonus miles, plus 2 miles per dollar spent.
- Capital One Spark Cash Plus Card: Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles, plus 2 miles per dollar spent, convertible into transferrable miles with any of the 3 cards above. Read more here.
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points to miles include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- AMEX Green Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
Marriott cards with transferable points to miles include:
- Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business® American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card
Will you take advantage of this deal?