DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Update 2: American has matched the $478 fare with wide open nonstop availability from March through May and connecting availability from now through February! American flies their flagship 777-300ER on this route!
Update: Book via AMEX Travel for just $412 or as low as 26.8K points round-trip!
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia or direct from the airline.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- View free change policies here.
- Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, consider staying at home while COVID-19 is still spreading or try booking for after you think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
Brazil does not require a negative COVID test for entry and no quarantine is required.
In normal times, a coach ticket during the January-March summer season in the Southern Hemisphere usually costs over $1,100 and a business class ticket usually costs over $5,000.
Delta: JFK to Sao Paulo valid outbound dates:
February 11 through 28
March: Entire month
April 1, 2, 5, 7 through 30
May 5, 6, 11
Delta: Sao Paulo to JFK valid return dates:
February 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20 through 28
March: Entire month
April: Entire month
May 2, 3, 4, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 24, 25, 26
- Brazil Master Thread on DDF
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 1: 10 Years Of Travel And Deal Blogging And A Return To Where It All Began (Published 11/23/14)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 2: Flying “Private” To Sao Paulo With Miles (Published 2/7/16)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 3: Iguaçu Falls (Published 4/17/16)
- Trip Notes Brazil Part 4: Rio de Janeiro (Published 5/1/16)
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
This is bookable for 41,235 points with AMEX. Plus you’ll get back a rebate of 14,432 points with the Business Platinum Card or 10,309 points with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 26,803 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!