DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia or direct from the airline.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Always search for 1 seat and then work the search up to the number of seats you need in order to book as many seats on sale as you can.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred, Ink Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- You can buy extra seats if you want to guarantee empty seats next to you by making the first name of the ticket EXTRASEAT with your last name. You’ll even get double your baggage allowance!
- If you have a Citi AA Mastercard, Citi AA Executive card or Citi AA Business Card you can also get a free checked bag and have priority boarding.
American has excellent $122 round-trip fares in standard economy from Philadelphia to Los Angeles or Los Angeles to Philadelphia. You drop the price to just $109 with select AMEX cards as described below.
American: Philadelphia to Los Angeles valid outbound or return dates:
September 9, 11, 13 through 18, 21, 22, 24, 27, 28, 29
October 2, 5, 9, 16, 19, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30
November 4 through 17
December 1, 3, 4, 6 through 11, 13, 14
American: Los Angeles to Philadelphia valid outbound or return dates:
September 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29
October 1, 2, 4 through 9, 12 through 16, 18 through 23, 28, 29, 30
November 2 through 15, 17
December 1 through 4, 6 through 11, 13, 14, 15
It’s worth noting that you can save more if you have an AMEX Membership Rewards card like:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- AMEX Green Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
With those cards you can book via AMEXTravel.com and drop the price of American’s $122 fare to just $109 or 10,869 AMEX points. That’s just 7,064 points after rebate if you have a Business Platinum card or 8,151 points after rebate if you have a Business Gold card.
Using Chase Points:
You can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The round-trip cost will be 8,186 points with a Sapphire Reserve or 9,924 with Sapphire Preferred/Ink Preferred. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Using AMEX points:
- If you have an AMEX Business Platinum Card you can get a 35% rebate of points used.
- If you have an AMEX Business Gold Card you can get a 25% rebate of points used.
This is bookable for 10,869 points with AMEX with insider fares. Plus you’ll get back a 35% rebate with the Business Platinum Card or a 25% rebate with the Business Gold Card, dropping the total needed to as low as 7,064 points. That includes all taxes and you can still earn miles for flying!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!
HT: Leon F.