Update: This promotion has been extended through 12/31/19 and more accounts have been targeted!
DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post.
If you clip the “Click here to activate” coupon via this link it will tell you if you are targeted to save another $30 off $60 at Amazon when you redeem 1 AMEX Membership Rewards Point.
If you aren’t targeted you can try linking your American Express Membership Rewards card to your Amazon account and then check back after a few days.
You can link the same AMEX card to multiple Amazon accounts for each account to get targeted for this promotion!
This offer is targeted to select users. If it doesn’t work for you then you can try calling Amazon (888-280-4331) or chatting with Amazon and see if you can get it manually applied to your account…YMMV!
This is a limited time offer: The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2019. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
This will only work with AMEX cards that earn Membership Rewards points, including:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, up to 75K points welcome bonus, earn 1.5 points per dollar on $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 54K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
Once you do that just add anything $60 or more that is shipped and sold from Amazon to your cart. This won’t work for items sold by 3rd parties.
This won’t work for Amazon gift card purchases, but it will work on gift cards for hundreds of stores found here.
Gift cards sold by Amazon that work for this promotion include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Eagle
- Bass Pro Shops
- Best Buy
- Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh
- Dave & Busters
- Eddie Bauer
- Forever 21
- Gap Inc
- Krispy Kreme
- Lands End
- L.L. Bean
- Office Max
- Regal Entertainment
- Sunglass Hut
- Whole Foods
- Ulta Beauty
- Yankee Candle
- And many more
If you can select e-delivery cards you’ll be able to request a $60 gift card in order to maximize your savings. Otherwise you can try to get as close to $60 as possible, for some brands that will mean purchasing 3 $25 gift cards.
For e-delivery cards you manually select a $60 Gift Card by entering it here:
At checkout select the Membership Rewards card that you linked.
You may need to click “Change” by the credit card at checkout if it’s showing a different default credit card.
On the final checkout page click on “Apply rewards points” and enter $0.01 to use 1 point to save 1 cent (Don’t redeem more than 1 cent as buying on Amazon only gives a paltry value of 0.7 cents per AMEX point!):
For example I added a $60 Gap Inc e-delivery card and got the $30 AMEX Promo and $0.01 from the 1 point used at checkout.
Plus I’m able to pay for the order with my Amazon gift card balance that I buy at office supply stores with my Chase Ink Cash card to earn 5 points per dollar spent by adding a new Amazon gift card on the final checkout page:
You can also try linking your AMEX card to another Amazon account and see if it works from there as well!
You can also sell your gift cards to stores like CardCash to make a quick profit from this promotion.
If you buy a $60 Safeway Gift card for $30 with this promo, you can currently sell it to CardCash for $52.80 cash or a $54.65 Amazon Gift Card. Be sure to check the offer from CardCash before purchasing these cards, as their offer can go down if they get too many of specific card. Once you select the $52.80 offer, you just ever the digital gift card code Amazon sent you, and you made an easy $22.80 profit.
What will you buy with $30 off $60?Amazon offers free shipping with $25+ orders or get free 1 day shipping on all orders with a a free trial of Amazon Prime. A prime trial is also free with Amazon Family (which also gets you up to 20% off diapers among other benefits) or Amazon Student. EBT/Medicaid Cardholders can save on Prime Membership save on Prime Membership here.