-The current list is valid for stays through 8/31/19.
-Hotels can sell out of discounted rooms quickly and only a limited amount of rooms are available per night.
You can book up to 2 reservations per hotel. There’s no limit to how long each of the stays can be.
IHG PointBreaks now cost 5K, 10K, or 15K points per night, depending on the hotel.
The Chase IHG Premier card is offering 80,000 points for signing up and spending $2,000 in 3 months.
The card comes with an annual certificate good for a free stay in IHG hotels that cost up to 40K points.
IHG points will not expire for as long as you remain a cardholder.
If you have the new IHG Premier credit card you’ll also get Platinum status and every 4th award night for free! That means a 4 night stay at a 5K hotel will cost just 15K points or 3,750 points per night!
If you have both the IHG Select card and the IHG Premier card you’ll get every 4th award night free AND a 10% rebate on award nights!
The new IHG Premier card also comes with free Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check.
IHG normally sells 5,000 points for $67.50 or 1.35 cents per point, but with targeted offers after you login it can be even less.
If those points don’t post instantly you can call IHG to get a points loan based on your purchase confirmation number in order to quickly grab a room. Alternatively you can transfer 5,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points to IHG, though transfers are not instant and it’s a terrible use of Ultimate Rewards points.
If you already have IHG points in your account then you can buy points on the cheap via making a cash and points booking. Be sure to click on the rules during the checkout process to make sure that the room is fully refundable (almost all are).
For example Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown allows you to redeem 15K points and $89 or a night. If you cancel that night you’ll get back 30K total points, so you’ll have effectively purchased 15K points for $89. That 0.59 cents per point.
Where can you stay for 5K-15K points?
The full current list is here, but here are some samples:
- Holiday Inn Montevideo, Uruguay Normally 15K, now 5K
- Holiday Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore (Skokie), IL: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree, CA: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express Baltimore At The Stadiums, MD: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Candlewood Suites Portland-Airport, OR: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Crowne Plaza Suites Pittsburgh South, PA: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North, VA: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Edmonton South, Canada: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Toronto-Mississauga, Canada: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn Express Panama: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Crowne Plaza Minsk, Belarus: Normally 20K, now 10K
- Holiday Inn London – Heathrow: Normally 25K, now 10K
- Staybridge Suites Buffalo-Airport, NY: Normally 25K, now 10K
- Staybridge Suites Phoenix East – Gilbert, AZ Normally 25K, now 10K
- Crowne Plaza Porto, Portugal: Normally 30K, now 10K
- Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh – Technology Center, PA Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Melbourne-Oceanfront, FL Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Baltimore – Inner Harbor, MD Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Greenbelt – Washington DC Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Suites Arlington – Ballpark, TX Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Frankfurt Congress Hotel, Germany Normally 30K, now 15K
- InterContinental Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Normally 30K, now 15K
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort Normally 30K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi, UAE Normally 30K, now 15K
- Staybridge Suites Miami International Airport, FL Normally 35K, now 15K
- InterContinental Minneapolis – St. Paul Airport, MN Normally 35K, now 15K
- Holiday Inn & Suites Orlando SW – Celebration Area, FL Normally 40K, now 15K
- Crowne Plaza London – Albert Embankment, UK Normally 55K, now 15K
Where will you book with Pointbreaks?