Citi has added the ability to transfer points to Emirates at a 1:1 ratio.
You can also transfer AMEX, Capital One, Chase, and Marriott points to Emirates. Emirates miles expire after 3 years, at the end of your birth month, regardless of activity.
Most people aren’t thinking of booking award travel now, but when things go back to normal it will be a great time to travel before planes are full once again.
- Aeromexico (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- Avianca Lifemiles (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Emirates: 1K:1K
- Etihad: 1K:1K
- EVA (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Garuda Indonesia (Skyteam): 1K:1K
- JetPrivilege: 1K:1K
- JetBlue: 1K:1K
- Malaysia (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qantas (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Qatar (OneWorld): 1K:1K
- Singapore (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Thai (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Turkish (Star Alliance): 1K:1K
- Virgin Atlantic: 1K:1K
Emirates is famous for their A380 first class which is affectionately known as Shower Class for having amazing shower spas onboard. Their new 77Ws also have a truly fantastic new first class product, though only the A380s have showers onboard.
- A round-trip from JFK to Milan in Shower Class will set you back from 135K Emirates miles+$1,136 in fuel surcharges.
- A paid flight runs over $12,000.
- Alternate booking options include 360K Alaska miles+$80 or 135K JAL miles+$1,136.
- A round-trip from JFK to Dubai in Shower Class will set you back from 217.5K miles+$1,723 in fuel surcharges.
- A paid flight runs over $23,000.
- Alternate booking options include 300K Alaska miles+$81 or 165K JAL miles+$1,723.
- You can save over $500 on fuel surcharges by flying from Toronto to Dubai and then back from Dubai to JFK.
- Flights originating from cities like Hong Kong or Sydney have no fuel surcharges, even if they end in the US. Read more about avoiding fuel surcharges on Emirates awards here.
- The Citi Double Cash card offers 2% cash back or 2 points per dollar spent everywhere that can be transferred into ThankYou points. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare. No annual fee.
- The Citi Rewards+ Card offering 15,000 points for spending $1,000 in 3 months. This card can’t transfer points on its own, but can transfer points if you have one of the Citi cards above. This card automatically rounds up rewards earned on every purchase to the nearest 10 points, meaning you earn 10 points on a $0.50 Amazon balance reload. Earn 2 points on $6K in annual spending at supermarkets, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months, and a 10% points rebate when you redeem points, up to a 10K points rebate per year. If you also have a Citi Premier Card you can transfer points into miles or get a 25% added value for paid airfare, plus get a 10% points rebate on transferred or redeemed miles. No annual fee.
- The Citi Premier card offers up to 3 points per dollar spent and allows you to transfer points into miles. $95 annual fee.
Where do you transfer your Citi points?