United is adding new flights this summer to take advantage of countries that are reopening for vaccinated travelers. You can upload your COVID-19 vaccination card and test results in the United app so that you don’t need to verify them at checkin.
- United previously said they will fly daily from Newark to Iceland starting 6/3 on a 757-200. They will add daily flights from Chicago to Iceland starting 7/1 on a 757-200 with lie-flat business class seats.
- United previously said they will fly daily from Newark to Athens starting 6/3 on a 767-300. They will add daily flights from Washington DC/IAD to Athens starting 7/1 on a 787-8 with Polaris seating.
- United will operate 3 weekly 767-300 flights from Newark to Dubrovnik, Croatia starting on 7/8 with Polaris seating.
United also reaffirmed plans to:
- Fly 3 weekly flights from Chicago to Tel Aviv beginning 5/7
- Fly daily from San Francisco to Tel Aviv beginning 6/3
- Fly from Newark to Johannesburg daily on a 787-9 starting 6/3.
- Fly from Washington Dulles to Accra, Ghana starting 5/14 and Washington Dulles to Lagos, Nigeria later this year.
- Fly from San Francisco to Bangalore beginning 5/27.
- In May, United will resume service from Newark to Rome and Milan, and from Chicago to Munich, Amsterdam, and Tokyo Haneda
- In June, United will resume flights between San Francisco and Tahiti.
Unfortunately, United will not fly to Venice in 2021.
Will you travel abroad this summer?