4 DDF (DansDeals Forums) members have been driving an RV from NYC to San Francisco this week on a Photo DO organized by Something Fishy, who worked with me to make the Antarctica Cruise.
Inspired by PBaruch, I signed up for my first RV trip.
They stopped at places like the Smoky Mountains, Mammoth Caves, and the Gateway Arch before we met up in Denver.
After taking thousands of flights it’s not often that I’m left speechless, but I had that experience at the gate in Cleveland:
View this post on Instagram
My #United empty #EconomyPlus row to #DEN filled up at the last minute with standby passengers at T-30 before my flight today, so I went to the agent and asked if there were any seats left next to an empty middle. She said the flight is nearly full and there’s just one in #EconomyMinus. But no worries! As you’re a valued #1K member I’ll just go ahead and downgrade those 2 standby passengers to Economy Minus and get you that empty Economy Plus row back! 🤯🤯🤯 Not sure if I should feel happy or guilty, but I’m legit terrified to look back at row 14. Uptate to clarify: I didn’t ask for anything due to covid. All I did was ask for another seat with an empty middle as I always would. I certainly didn’t expect the agent’s actions! Also the standby passengers had not been given their boarding passes yet (I saw the passes on the podium) so it’s very unlikely they had any idea what happened.
I grabbed a delicious burger and we bought Shabbos food at Denver’s East Side Kosher Deli before hitting the road out west.
It’s a bit of an #KosherAntarctica reunion, as 4 of the 5 of us were on that 2018 cruise.
I just spent a glorious Shabbos amongst the majestic Rocky Mountains and can’t wait to check out some beautiful national parks as we drive out west!
View this post on Instagram
If you want to join along on our trip, you can follow @DansDeals on Instagram for the latest updates.
How many site features are you taking advantage of?
- Follow @DansDeals on Instagram and keep up with my latest pics from on the road and at home.
- Join the 88,800+ people who follow @DansDeals on Twitter and you’ll get a tweet when a deal is posted on DansDeals.com!
- Click here to learn how to setup deal alerts.
- Follow @DansDeals on Telegram for instant deal notifications.
- Discuss or ask about whatever is on your mind and dig deeper into all kinds of deals at DDF (DansDeals Forums) at www.dansdeals.com/forums. There are now over 30K DDF members who have made over 2.2 million posts in more than 98,000 different topics! Feel free to browse the wealth of information there and click on “register” in order to be able to start posting your own tips or ask questions about anything you’d like to know about. After you register just click on the appropriate forum (Destination Guides, Trip Reports, Credit Cards, Goods For Sale, Up In The Air, etc.) and you can search for information (always start with a search as your question has probably already been answered!), add your own new thread topic, or reply to any existing one. It’s fun and easy! Need help with registering or getting started? Just post a comment right on this post and I’ll help you out!
Many threads now have a Wiki (found on the first page of a thread) to help summarize the entire topic.
Some of the best information is discussed at DDF meetups, find the DDF DO board for information on where meetups are happening now!
- Join the 39,000+ people following the DansDeals.com Facebook group who used to get instant email alerts of only the hottest deals before facebook stupidly turned off the “email group” feature. Now it’s more of a poorly organized version of DDF…though it has its moments.
- Like the DansDeals.com Facebook page.
- Subscribe to the DansDeals.com RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/feed, or to the DansDeals comments RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/comments/feed where you can get updates on all the recent comments, no matter which deal they’re posted on.
- 31K+ people receive a daily email digest of everything posted on Dansdeals.com via Google’s Feedburner service! Bear in mind that with this service you will receive emails a day after a deal is posted, so there’s a decent chance that by the time you get the email the deal will be dead already…which is why I prefer the twitter option. It seems to be a favorite pastime of Feedburner subscribers to email me asking how dare I send them an email of deals after the deal is already dead or to leave irate comments like this one. At any rate to subscribe just locate the “Daily Email Digest” section in the sidebar of this site, enter your email address, and subscribe. You can also use the Feedburner RSS feed at http://feeds.feedburner.com/Dansdeals
- Post comments and share your thoughts right on the site under every single deal posting! Participating and interacting is what makes this site fun! Every deal also has a comments RSS feed that you can subscribe to.
Advertise on DansDeals.com and reach our tens of thousands daily unique visitors. Advertising on DansDeals delivers serious results! Try it out and see firsthand why businesses and charities are seeing incredible results from DansDeals advertising, with returns on their investment several times greater than when advertising on other websites. For more info just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org