Update: The 2018 offer ends tomorrow!
Donations made via the PayPal Giving Fund never have processing fees, though you are limited to the charities that are enrolled in the fund. Paypal will not charge any processing fees, even if you donate with a credit card. Search for enrolled charities here.
Through 12/31, Paypal will add a bonus 1% to donations if you make the donation while logged into your Paypal account.
1. Find a charity you want to help. Your gift goes to PayPal Giving Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity. PayPal covers all transaction fees.
2. We’ll deliver 100% of your donation to your chosen charity, or, in rare cases, a similar charity, if necessary. Please read our Donation Delivery Policy for details.
3. PayPal Giving Fund will issue your donation receipt. We’ll share your name and email with the charity you help, so they can thank you. Or you can remain anonymous if you choose.
- PayPal Giving Fund grants donated funds to charities enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund on a monthly basis on or around the 25th day of each month, typically 15 to 45 days after PayPal Giving Fund’s receipt of funds.
- Donors can be confident their donations will reach their chosen charities securely, and the charities receive the payments into their PayPal accounts quickly and free of charge.
- Enrolled charities can also review the donations granted to them by PayPal Giving Fund, including donor details (except when donors choose to give anonymously), on their PayPal Giving Fund dashboard, accessible via their PayPal account.
- If a charity fails to meet the terms of our Nonprofit Certification Policy and/or fails to meet PayPal Giving Fund’s due diligence standards as described above for receipt of a donation at any time, we reserve the right to reassign funds to another charitable organization of our choice. We may also reassign donations in the event we are unable to distribute the funds successfully (e.g., the charity fails to cash the check(s) we send).
- When reassigning funds, PayPal Giving Fund will try to select charities that operate in a similar cause area (and sometimes a similar location) to the charity originally identified by the donor. In doing so, we favor charities that have enrolled with PayPal Giving Fund, to enable efficient, secure and cost-effective delivery to charities that have accepted the PayPal Giving Fund Nonprofit User Agreement. For example, if we are unable to enroll, or deliver a check to, an unenrolled local organization providing housing services, we may reassign the funds to a PayPal Giving Fund enrolled national organization, or to a nearby local organization that also provides housing services.
What is your favorite charity that is enrolled with Paypal Giving Fund?