Update, 8/18: Now is the last chance to get this card and take advantage of the $250 restaurant credit, the weekend night being valid for 24 months on any day of the week, and more!
Originally posted on 7/2:
Table of Contents
American Express is offering 150,000 points and a systemwide free Hilton night for signing up for the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card and spending $4,000 within 3 months.
Normally the free Hilton night is only valid on weekend nights, but due to COVID-19 the night will be valid any night of the week! Additionally the night normally expires after 12 months, but due to COVID-19 the night will be valid for 24 months!
There is a $450 annual fee. That’s a hefty fee, but this card has a lot of benefits.
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on the Hilton Aspire card if you had a Hilton Aspire card previously. If you are not eligible for the bonus you will get a popup notification after clicking to apply for the card. At that point you can decide whether to proceed or cancel the application before it is processed.
- 3 points per dollar everywhere.
- 7 points per dollar at U.S. restaurants and restaurant delivery.
- 14 points per dollar at Hilton hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
$250 Annual Hilton Resort Credit:
Every cardmembership year, you will get up to $250 in statement credits for spending at Hilton resorts. You can also lump together credits from multiple cardmembership years by calling a resort to charge your card and apply it to a reservation.
Due to COVID-19, you can use this credit at U.S. restaurants or with restaurant delivery apps like Uber Eats and Doordash through 8/31!
You can also buy gift cards at your favorite restaurant to lock in these savings.
$250 Airline Fee Credit:
Every calendar year, you will get up to $250 in statement credits for airline fees with the airline of your choice that you can register for here.
I was able to use my 2020 credit for JetBlue and United TravelBank funds good for future tickets!
Other sample uses include:
- Airline tickets under $99 are sometimes reimbursed.
- Airline tickets purchased with partial payment on your credit card and partial payment on a voucher or gift card are sometimes reimbursed.
- Award redeposit and change fees from airline of your choice.
- Baggage fees from airline of your choice.
- Flight change fees from airline of your choice.
- Food and drinks on the plane from airline of your choice.
- Food and drinks in a club from airline of your choice.
- Lounge access and club pass fees from airline of your choice.
- Phone reservation fees from airline of your choice.
- Pet fees.
- Seat selection fees and Economy Plus fees from airline of your choice.
- Standby fees from airline of your choice.
- AA 500 mile upgrades.
- Delta Skymiles Select.
- $9 Spirit Fare Club Membership.
- United Economy Plus upgrades and Economy Plus Subscriptions.
- United WiFi Subscription Purchases And Gifts.
- United WiFi on mainline planes.
- United TravelBank funding.
- Buying extra miles or mileage multiplier offered with a ticket purchase online or at a kiosk.
Top-Tier Diamond status for cardholders:
You’ll have top-tier Hilton Diamond status for as long as you’re a cardholder. That will get you free Executive Lounge access, 100% bonus points, upgrades, free breakfast at all Hilton hotels, free Premium Wi-Fi, late checkout, 5th award night free, free bottled water, and more.
Free breakfast at hotels like the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem, where a free night goes for 95K points, or 76K points on a 5 night stay:
Lifetime Diamond Status
All points earned through purchases on Hilton American Express Cards, that post to the Card Member’s Hilton Honors account between May 1 through December 31, 2020 will be considered Base Points and will count towards Elite tier qualification and Lifetime Diamond Status.
Anniversary free night:
You will receive a free weekend night (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night) upon every card anniversary valid at all Hilton hotels for 12 months from the date of issue.
Choose from hotels like the Waldorf Astoria Maldives, Jerusalem, or Los Cabos.
Bonus free night:
If you spend $60,000 on the card in a cardmembership year you will receive a free weekend night upon reaching the spend threshold, valid at all Hilton hotels for 12 months from the date of issue.
If you reach $60K in spending in 2020 and your free night issued in 2020, it will be valid for 24 months on weekdays or weeknights at all Hilton hotels.
Points Never Expire:
Your Hilton points will not expire for as long as you’re a Hilton Aspire cardmember.
Priority Pass Lounge Membership:
Cardholders can enroll for a free Priority Pass membership with unlimited free visits with 2 additional free guests per visit.
$100 On-Property Credit:
Book at least 2 nights at HiltonHonors.com/aspirecard and get $100 in credits at Waldorf Astoria or Conrad.
You’ll need to spend $4,000 on this card within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.87% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
- If you need to return an item up to $300 and a store won’t take it back due to a time limited or final sale policy, AMEX will gladly refund you thanks to return protection. The vast majority of the time you’ll even be able to keep the item, but if you do need to send it back the return shipping will be free. That’s a far more generous policy than any other bank offers. This benefit is valid for $1,000 of returns per card per calendar year.
- If a store charged a restocking fee to return an item then AMEX will cover it, up to $300/item, as part of their return protection coverage.
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance.
- Trip Delay Insurance.
- Baggage insurance for eligible lost, damaged, or stolen baggage during travel on a Common Carrier (plane, train, ship, or bus) paid on the card.
- You get up to an additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- If your item is stolen or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered.
- See this post to see just how amazing AMEX benefits can be.
Will you apply for a Hilton Aspire card?