Update: Offer expired!
Originally posted on 3/12:
Table of Contents
For a limited time, Chase is offering up to 120,000 points for signing up for the Chase IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card. You’ll earn 80K bonus points after spending $2,000 within 3 months and another 40K bonus points after spending another $3,000 within 6 months. That means you can have 125K total points after spending $5,000 in 6 months!
Comparison to previous signup bonus:
This IHG Premier card normally offer 80K signup points for spending $2,000 and has had a previous limited time offer of 100K points for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
There is a $89 annual fee.
Welcome bonus terms:
You can receive the bonus on this card if you haven’t received a bonus on the IHG Premier card in the past 24 months and don’t currently have an IHG Premier card.
You can get the bonus even if you have the IHG Select card (The Select card was discontinued last April) or received the bonus on that card in the past 24 months. Having both cards means you’ll get 2 annual anniversary nights and you’ll be able to stack unique award discounts that both cards offer as explained below.
All Chase cards appear to be subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
Elite status for all cardholders:
The card gives Platinum elite status, which gives free internet, 50% bonus points, upgrades, welcome amenity, late checkout, and more.
Cardmembers IHG points will not expire for as long as they remain a cardholder.
4th award night free:
When cardholders book an award stay, every 4th night will be free!
That means a 4 night PointsBreak hotel stay will start at just 15K points or 3,750 points per night!
If you have both the discontinued IHG Select card and the IHG Premier card you’ll get every 4th award night free AND a 10% rebate on award nights! That means a 4 night PointsBreaks hotel stay will start at just 13.5K points or 3,375 points per night!
Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check:
Cardholders will get reimbursed for Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check charges every 4 years. Those programs make flying so much easier!
You’ll earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on dining, gas stations, and restaurants, and 1 point per dollar everywhere else.
There are no foreign transaction fees.
You’ll need to spend $5,000 on this card within 6 months to receive the full bonus.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.87% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Annual free night:
This card comes with an annual anniversary night for hotels that cost up to 40,000 points. The night must be used within 12 months of when it’s awarded.
Sample hotels where you can use your free annual night:
- Crowne Plaza Jerusalem: 20K
- Crowne Plaza Eilat: 20K
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea: 25K
- Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv Diamond District: 25K
- Crowne Plaza Haifa: 30K
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach: 30K
- Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center: 30K
- InterContinental Cleveland, OH: 30K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Park City, UT: 30K
- InterContinental Hanoi: 30K
- InterContinental Presidente Mexico City: 35K
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun Resort: 35K
- Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Airport, CA: 35K
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pittsburgh North Shore, PA: 35K
- InterContinental Hotels Buenos Aires, Argentina: 35K
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore, MD: 35K
- Kimpton Schofield Hotel Cleveland, OH: 40K
- InterContinental Budapest: 40K
- Crowne Plaza London – Kings Cross: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East: 40K
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort Kissimmee: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop: 40K
- Holiday Inn Express Waikiki Honolulu: 40K
- InterContinental Hotels : Toronto Yorkville: 40K
- Holiday Inn Boston-Brookline, MA: 40K
- Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown, NY: 40K
- Holiday Inn Express Springdale – Zion National Park, UT: 40K
- Crowne Plaza Amsterdam: 40K
- Holiday Inn Potts Point-Sydney, Australia: 40K
- Holiday Inn Resort & Casino Aruba: 40K
- InterContinental Hotels Fiji Golf Resort & Spa: 40K
- Intercontinental Bangkok: 40K
- Intercontinental Prague: 40K
Anniversary Point Bonus:
In addition to the annual free night, you’ll earn 10K points every anniversary year if you spend $20K on the card and make one additional purchase.
Will you signup for the Chase IHG Premier card? Where will you use your anniversary nights?