DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update: This promotion ends today!
Login to your account via the link above and the transfer ratio should say 1:1.25 through 4/29. The last transfer bonus from AMEX to Flying Blue was 25% from 5/1/18-6/15/18.
Flying Blue is the mileage program of Air France and KLM. They are both Skyteam Alliance members, as is Delta.
The nice thing about Flying Blue is that they consider Israel to be part of Europe. However they do charge fuel surcharges except for Delta flights.
Round-trip coach to Israel would require 40K AMEX points plus fuel surcharges with the 25% transfer bonus:
Round-trip business to Israel would require 84.8K AMEX points plus fuel surcharges:
Flying Blue does allow one-way redemptions for half the price, so 20K AMEX points would be enough for a one-way ticket between North America and Tel Aviv in coach and 42.4K would be enough in business class.
Flying Blue occasionally has useful Promo Awards that discount the miles required by 25-50% from rotating cities. Currently those are valid from Montreal and Toronto and they change each month.
Round-trip business to Israel would require 63.6K AMEX points plus fuel surcharges:
AMEX cards with transferable points include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 50K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
Will you transfer points to Flying Blue with this promotion?