DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Table of Contents
Limited time welcome bonus:
For a limited time only, you can earn $250 cash back in the form of a statement credit for opening The American Express Blue Business Cash™ Card and spending $3,000 in 3 months.
This card doesn’t typically have any public welcome bonus offer.
This card earns 2% cash back everywhere, on up to $50,000 of spending per calendar year. After $50,000 you earn 1% cash back until the end of the year. Cash back is in the form of an automatic statement credit.
You can get multiples of this card and each card would be eligible for the 2% on $50K in annual purchases.
0% APR on purchases:
This card has a 0% Intro APR for 12 months from date of account opening on purchases, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 19.24% based on your creditworthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
0% APR is a lucrative offer as carrying balances on consumer cards can have a harmful effect on your credit score, but because as the Blue Business Cash AMEX is a business card, those balances won’t hurt your credit score!
Business vs Consumer card:
AMEX business cards don’t appear on your credit report. That’s good for several reasons.
First of all they won’t count against your 5/24 count for opening new Chase cards. Only cards on your report that have been opened within the past 24 months count for that.
Second, when you spend money on personal cards your credit score will be hurt even if you pay your bill on time. A whopping 30% of your credit score is based on credit utilization. You can pay off your card bill before your statement is generated to avoid that, but that takes effort and laying out money well before you have to. Additionally it’s good to have the statement close with a couple dollars to show the card is active and being paid every month. On an AMEX business card it’s just not reported, so you can wait until the money is due without it having a negative effect on your score.
Third, if you close a business card it won’t ever have an effect on your score.
You may already have a business that needs a card to keep track of expenses. For example if your name is Joe Smith and you sell items online, or if you have any other side business and want a credit card to better keep track of business expenditures you can open a business credit card for “Joe Smith” as the business. You don’t need to file any messy government paperwork to be allowed to do that. Just be sure to select “Sole Proprietorship” as the business type and just use your social security number in the Tax Identification Number field
Earn statement credits at stores that you register for in your AMEX account.
- An additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
- If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- If your item is stolen or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered.
- Complimentary Shoprunner 2 day free shipping and return shipping on hundreds of websites.
- Secondary car rental CDW protection worldwide and primary available for $19.95/rental.