Points transfer instantly.
This new transfer option is great news for travel to Israel as Qantas has a fantastic award chart for travel on El Al.
Citi has run 25% transfer bonuses for transfers to Qantas, so I’d imagine we will see those as well with AMEX in the future.
Additionally, if you transfer any amount of points to Qantas during a non-bonus period, you can get targeted for future transfer bonus promotions that offer up to 45% bonus points.
Last time, you were able to stack Citi’s 25% bonus together with Qantas 40% repeat transfer bonus! That made for some insane values on El Al travel!
If you are interested in being targeted for future promotions, you should open a Qantas Frequent Flyer account today and transfer 500 AMEX points there. Opt into email subscriptions for “Exclusive offers from our program partners” under “Interests and subscriptions” and be sure to check your emails for future targeted promotions!
DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post.
Want to earn Qantas points from AMEX cards?
AMEX cards with transferable Membership Rewards points include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, up to 75K points welcome bonus, earn 1.5 points per dollar on $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- For rates and fees of the AMEX Platinum Business Card, please visit here.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, 40K points welcome bonus, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, up to 60K points welcome bonus, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, up to 20K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, up to 15K points welcome bonus, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.