If you received the targeted email (Subject: Up to 40% bonus Qantas Points if you transfer now) you can get 15% bonus points on transfers up to 500K miles, 25% bonus points on transfers between 500,001-1,999,999 miles, and 40% bonus points on transfers of 2MM+ miles between 4/1-4/14.
It can take up to 2 weeks for the bonus miles to post to your Qantas account.
Citi ThankYou points transfer to Qantas at a 1:1 ratio, Barclay Arrival Premier points transfer to Qantas at a 1.4:1 ratio, and Capital One points transfer to Qantas at a 2:1.5 ratio. Unfortunately, AMEX and Chase do not transfer to Qantas.
In other words:
- If you transfer 100K Citi points you would get 125K Qantas points and if you are targeted for this offer you would get 18,750 bonus points, for a total of 143,750 Qantas miles (1.4375 Qantas miles per Citi point).
- If you transfer 401K Citi points you would get 501,125 Qantas points and if you are targeted for this offer you would get 125,281 bonus points, for a total of 626,406 Qantas miles (1.562 Qantas miles per Citi point).
- If you transfer 1.6MM Citi points you would get 2MM Qantas points and if you are targeted for this offer you would get 800K bonus points, for a total of 2.8MM Qantas miles (1.75 Qantas miles per Citi point).
You can earn Citi points via credit cards like the Citi Premier Card, which is offering 50K points for spending $4K within 3 months. It also offers 3 points per dollar on travel and gas plus 2 points per dollar on dining and entertainment. Plus its annual fee is waived for the first year and $95/year afterward:
The Barclay Arrival Premier card is discontinued.
You can earn Capital One miles with cards like:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is offering 50,000 miles for spending $4,500 in 3 months.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
Want to be targeted for a similar promotion in the future?
Qantas targets people who have previously made mileage transfers from credit cards to Qantas for transfer bonuses about 4 times per year. The January 2019 version of this promotion had the same tiers, but the November 2018 version of this promo had a 45% bonus on the top-tier of 2MM+ points transferred. The August 2018 version offered a 20% bonus on all transfers, while the March and June 2018 versions of this promo offered 15% bonus points on transfers up to 350K miles, 25% bonus points on transfers between 350,001-1,249,999 miles, and 40% bonus points on transfers of 1.25MM+ miles.
Just transfer any number of points to Qantas now and you should find yourself targeted for future transfer promotions!
You need 78K Qantas miles for a one-way business class award ticket between NYC and Tel Aviv. Best of all, Qantas doesn’t charge fuel surcharges for travel on El Al.
If you max out the 25% Citi and the 40% Qantas bonuses you would effectively need just 44,600 Citi points for that business class award ticket!
Are you targeted for this offer? Will you transfer credit card points to Qantas today in order to get targeted in the future?
HT: moe8555, via DDF and davidmal