Update: This offer ends on 12/31. In 2022, Mosaic members and companions will get access to even more space seats at no charge after rebate.
Note that Mosaic status from this offer won’t be awarded until mid-to-late February 2022 and will expire on 12/31/22.
Originally posted on 10/8:
If you spend $15,000 on a JetBlue Plus card between 10/1/21-12/31/21, you’ll be Mosaic through 12/31/22.
Opt-in for this promotion is not required and is open to existing and new customers.
Mosaic Status earned will appear in your TrueBlue Account statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
This is not valid on the JetBlue card or the JetBlue business cards.
Normally you need to spend $50,000 in a calendar year to earn Mosaic status.
Unfortunately, Mosaic is not what it used to be and it’s one of the least valuable airline status levels, but there is still some value to be had.
The main value of Mosaic status has been free changes, but now everyone gets free changes on non-basic economy tickets (as well as basic economy tickets for a limited time).
Worse yet, JetBlue will charge Mosaic members a change fee on basic economy tickets when the COVID-19 waiver ends.
JetBlue also ditched free Mosaic in-flight alcoholic beverages due to COVID-19.
They did add a sweet free companion offer earlier this year, but that was not renewed.
Last year they massively devalued their Mosaic elite status by quadrupling the price of advance upgrades to Even More Space (EMS) seats without any warning.
JetBlue offers free EMS seats at the airport before your flight, but by that time you’re typically stuck with middle seat options and it’s nearly impossible for a family to be able to sit together.
Here are the Mosaic status benefits.
- 15K points upon qualification.
- If there is EMS seating available on the day of your flight, you can ask an airport agent for a free upgrade for you and everyone on your itinerary and most will grant it. If the ticketing agent won’t do it, you can always ask at the customer service center or at the gate. Of course that means risking not sitting together if you’re traveling with companions.
- 3 bonus points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights.
- First 2 bags free for you and all passengers on your itinerary.
- Free carry-on bags on basic economy fares for Mosaic member and companions.
- Same day confirmed flight changes (without paying difference in fare) and standby fees are waived for Mosaic members, even on basic economy. That means you can buy a cheaper flight and switch to a more expensive flight for free (even to a nearby co-airport) starting 24 hours before your original flight. Note that basic economy can’t be changed for free before 24 hours prior the flight.
- Priority Mosaic phone line (877-538-8783) with faster and better customer service when you enter your TrueBlue Mosaic number.
- Priority security line access.
- Priority boarding.
- Free on-board alcoholic drinks.
- No charge for suitcases weighing up to 70 pounds each.
- Some people have reported being upgraded for free to business mint class at the airport.
- Mosaic phone agents are also much more lenient when it comes to policy exceptions, though it may take some HUCAs.
- You may be able to match your status to other airlines, share your results in the comments!
Will you take advantage of this offer?