Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
Update: This offer ends tomorrow afternoon!
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card
Table of Contents
Limited time signup bonuses:
- For a limited time only, you can get 125,000 points and a free night at Marriott hotels that cost up to 50K points each when you signup for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Consumer Card and spend $5,000 in 3 months. That’s a potential value of 175K points!
- The free night expires in 12 months, but Marriott will typically extend free night awards by a year if you ask.
- For a limited time only, you can earn 60K Marriott bonus points for opening the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Bold Card and spending $2,000 in 3 months.
Comparison to previous signup bonus:
- The previous signup bonus on the Boundless card was 75K points for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
- The previous signup bonus on the Bold card was 30K points for spending $1,000 in 3 months.
- The Boundless card has a $95 annual fee, though the signup bonus and annual anniversary nights are worth well more than that.
- The Bold card has no annual fee.
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if:
- You have an active Chase Marriott consumer Boundless, Bold, or Premier card.
- You got a bonus on a Chase Marriott consumer card in the past 24 months.
- You have or had an active Starwood AMEX/Marriott Bonvoy AMEX Consumer card in the past 30 days.
- You were approved for a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX card or the Marriott Bonvoy Business AMEX in the past 90 days
- You received a signup bonus for a Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX or the Marriott Bonvoy Business AMEX card in the past 24 months.
All Chase cards are subject to 5/24 restrictions, meaning that you are not likely to be approved if you have been approved for 5 or more consumer credit cards in the past 24 months. Note that the Chase system automatically counts cards like authorized user cards and store cards as cards that count towards 5/24, but if you explain to Chase that those cards are merely authorized user cards or store cards they can manually approve you for a new card.
You can check your credit report for free at the federally authorized annualcreditreport.com to check how many accounts are shows as being open in the past 24 months.
- 2 points per dollar everywhere.
- 6 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- 1 point per dollar everywhere.
- 2 points per dollar on all travel purchases.
- 3 Marriott points per dollar at Marriott hotels.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
- Purchase protection covers items purchased up to $500 against theft or damage for 120 days.
- Extended warranty protection adds an additional year on the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Car rental CDW insurance covers rentals in the US on a secondary basis and rentals outside of the US on a primary basis.
- Trip delay reimbursement covers $500/passenger for expenses due to delays of 12+ hours.
- Lost luggage reimbursement covers luggage lost or damaged, up to $3,000/passenger.
You’ll need to spend $5,000 within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.96% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
Airline transfer bonus:
You can transfer increments of 60K Marriott points into 25K airline miles or 27.5K miles with United.
Additionally, airlines often have their own bonuses for hotel point transfers.
Marriott has dozens of valuable airline transfer partners, such as Aegean, Alaska, American, JAL, Qantas, and dozens more!
Miles from these airlines can be very valuable and hard to get from other sources. For example JAL miles allow you to book awards on Emirates, AA, and BA with discounted or no fuel surcharges as well as mileage bargains. Alaska miles opens up bargains on airlines like Cathay Pacific and Qantas with no fuel surcharges and they allow 2 free stopovers on awards.
Premium internet access:
Boundless cardholders get free premium in-room internet at Marriott hotels.
Both cards offer Silver Elite status, which gives 10% bonus points, late checkout, and more.
If you spend $35K/year on the Boundless card you will earn Gold elite status, which gives 25% bonus points, late checkout, room upgrades, a points amenity on paid and award stays, and more.
Both cards also offer 15 elite night credits for having the card.
You can get 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott consumer card and 15 elite night credits for having a Marriott business card. You can combine those nights with promotional nights to reach higher elite tiers.
You can’t get 2 sets of 15 elite night credits if you only have consumer or only have business cards.
You can convert your Chase Marriott cards between the Marriott Boundless, Marriott Bold, and JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton card. You can see a comparison chart in this post.
Officially you can’t convert until you have had your card for 12 months, but some reps will allow conversions at any time.
Boundless cardholders will receive a free night upon every card anniversary valid at hotels that cost up to 35K points. Anniversary nights can be worth several times the annual fee on this card! Anniversary nights expire 12 months after they post to your account.
You can view all Marriott hotels with their point requirements here.
Marriott Award Chart:
This is what the current Marriott award chart looks like. Anniversary nights from the Boundless card can be used at category 1-4 hotels on all dates and on category 5 hotels on off-peak or standard dates. Anniversary nights from the Ritz card can be used at category 1-5 hotels on all dates, on category 6 hotels on off-peak or standard dates, and on category 7 hotels on off-peak dates.
125,000 points will get you anywhere from 25 off-peak category 1 nights to more than 1 peak night at a top-tier hotel where rates can exceed $3,000/night.
|Hotel Category||Award Chart||Cash + Points Chart||Pointsavers Chart|
|Category 1||5,000 off-peak|
|$55+1,500 (1.57 cpp) off-peak|
$55+3,500 (1.38 cpp) standard
$55+4,500 (1 cpp) peak
|Category 2||10,000 off-peak|
|$65+4,000 (1.08 cpp) off-peak|
$65+6,000 (1 cpp) standard
$65+7,000 (0.81 cpp) peak
|Category 3||15,000 off-peak|
|$80+6,000 (0.89 cpp) off-peak|
$80+8,500 (0.89 cpp) standard
$80+9,500 (0.76 cpp) peak
|Category 4||20,000 off-peak|
|$105+8,000 (0.88 cpp) off-peak|
$105+12,000 (0.8 cpp)
$105+15,000 (0.7 cpp) peak
|Category 5||30,000 off-peak|
|$140+13,500 (0.85 cpp) off-peak|
$140+17,000 (0.78 cpp)
$140+21,000 (0.74 cpp) peak
|Category 6||40,000 off-peak|
|$190+19,000 (0.9 cpp) off-peak|
$190+25,000 (0.76 cpp)
$190+30,000 (0.63 cpp) peak
|Category 7||50,000 off-peak|
|$250+25,000 (1 cpp) off-peak|
$250+30,000 (0.83 cpp)
$250+40,000 (0.83 cpp) peak
|Category 8||70,000 off-peak|
|$440+27,500 (1.04 cpp) off-peak|
$440+42,500 (1.04 cpp)
$440+57,500 (1.04 cpp) peak
Sample hotels where you can use your Boundless 50K signup night:
The following are sample category 6-7 hotels:
Domestic category 6 (Valid off-peak or standard):
- Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta
- W Austin
- JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa, Aventura
- Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, a Member of Design Hotels
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- W Boston
- Ritz-Carlton, Chicago
- Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
- W Dallas – Victory
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa, Dana Point
- W Fort Lauderdale
- Marriott’s Harbour Point and Sunset Pointe, Hilton Head
- W Hoboken
- Hollywood Beach Marriott
- W Hollywood
- Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Honolulu
- S. Regis Houston
- Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa, Indian Wells
- The Raphael Hotel, Autograph Collection, Kansas City
- Sheraton Kauai Resort
- Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- Courtyard Key West Waterfront
- Westin Hapuna Beach Resort
- Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – Lahaina & Napili Towers
- Walt Disney World Dolphin
- AC Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Marriott
- Residence Inn Beverly Hills
- Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
- Royal Palm South Beach Miami, a Tribute Portfolio Resort
- W New Orleans – French Quarter
- W New York – Downtown
- Sheraton Niagara Falls, NY
- Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, Lake Buena Vista/Orlando
- Avalon Hotel & Bungalows Palm Springs, a Member of Design Hotels, Palm Springs
- W Philadelphia
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
- Le Méridien San Francisco
- Le Méridien Delfina Santa Monica
- JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
- W Scottsdale
- W Seattle
- Residence Inn Maui Wailea
- JW Marriott Washington, DC
Domestic category 7 (Valid off-peak):
- Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, Dana Point
- Ritz-Carlton, Denver
- Westin Moana Surfrider, Waikiki, Honolulu
- The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Waikiki, Honolulu
- Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
- SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
- Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth Lakes
- Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey
- Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
- Marriott Stanton South Beach
- Le Méridien New York, Central Park
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
- The Phoenician, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scottsdale
- S. Regis Washington, D.C.
International category 6 (Valid off-peak or standard):
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
- W Melbourne, Australia
- Ritz-Carlton Perth, Australia
- Le Méridien Vienna, Austria
- The Coral at Atlantis, Bahamas
- W Montreal, Canada
- W Toronto, Canada
- Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, Canada
- Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, Canada
- Ritz-Carlton, Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Costa Rica
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort
- Prague Marriott Hotel, Czech Republic
- Sheraton Addis, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Le Metropolitan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Paris, France
- Mykonos Theoxenia, a Member of Design Hotels, Greece
- JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
- Ritz-Carlton, Budapest, Hungary
- Ritz-Carlton, Bali, Indonesia
- Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, Israel
- Sheraton Tel Aviv, Israel
- Sheraton Lake Como Hotel, Italy
- Westin Palace, Milan, Italy
- Le Méridien Visconti Rome, Italy
- Westin Miyako Kyoto, Japan
- Tokyo Marriott Hotel, Japan
- Ritz-Carlton, Macau
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico
- Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, Mexico
- Hacienda Uayamon, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Uayamon, Mexico
- JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, Peru
- Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Valle Sagrado, Peru
- Marriott’s S. Kitts Beach Club
- Le Méridien Fisherman’s Cove, Mahe, Seychelles
- S. Regis Singapore
- W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Renaissance Barcelona Hotel, Spain
- Westin Palace, Madrid, Spain
- Ritz-Carlton Abama, Tenerife, Spain
- Zurich Marriott Hotel, Switzerland
- W Taipei, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket, Thailand
- S. Regis Abu Dhabi, UAE
- JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, UAE
- Great Northern Hotel, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, London, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch, UK
International category 7 (Valid off-peak):
- W Amsterdam
- The Royal at Atlantis, Bahamas
- Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain
- Le Méridien Bora Bora
- Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
- W Paris – Opéra, France
- W Hong Kong
- 101 Hotel, Reykjavik, a Member of Design Hotels, Iceland
- Ritz-Carlton, Herzliya, Israel
- The Jaffa, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Westin Excelsior, Rome, Italy
- St. Regis Mauritius Resort
- Westin Maldives Miriandhoo Resort
- Ritz-Carlton, Koh Samui, Thailand
- Bodrum EDITION, Turkey
- W Dubai – The Palm, UAE
- W London, UK
Sample hotels where you can use your Boundless 35K anniversary or bonus nights:
The following are sample category 1-5 hotels:
- Anchorage Marriott Downtown
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- W Atlanta – Downtown
- Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
- Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
- AC Hotel Boston Downtown
- Aloft Boston Seaport District
- Aloft New York Brooklyn
- New York Marriott at the Brooklyn Bridge
- AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
- Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- W Chicago – Lakeshore
- Metropolitan at The 9, Autograph Collection, Cleveland
- Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport
- JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
- The Westin Southfield Detroit
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
- Sheraton Laguna Guam Resort
- The Westin Resort Guam
- Courtyard King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay, Hawaii
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown
- Courtyard Key Largo
- JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
- The Westin Las Vegas Hotel & Spa
- Courtyard Los Angeles Century City/Beverly Hills
- Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles Westside
- Los Angeles Airport Marriott
- Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel
- Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, Los Angeles
- New York LaGuardia Airport Marriott
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott
- Aloft Miami Aventura
- Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
- AC Hotel Miami Beach
- Courtyard Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach South Beach
- Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside
- Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
- The MC Hotel, Autograph Collection, Montclair, NJ
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Moxy New Orleans Downtown/French Quarter Area
- Aloft Manhattan Downtown – Financial District, New York
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan SoHo Village, New York
- New York Marriott Downtown
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Autograph Collection, Orlando
- Courtyard Palm Springs
- Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
- Park City Marriott
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- Courtyard San Diego Old Town
- Westin San Diego
- Courtyard Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
- The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
- The Opus, Westchester, NY (Previously Ritz-Carlton)
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Virgin Zion National Park
- Park Tower, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Courtyard Aruba Resort, Aruba
- W Brisbane, Australia
- Melbourne Marriott Hotel, Australia
- The Westin Melbourne, Australia
- The Westin Perth, Australia
- Marriott Vacation Club at Surfers Paradise, Australia
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, Australia
- Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay, Australia
- The Westin Sydney, Australia
- Das Triest, Vienna, a Member of Design Hotels, Austria
- JW Marriott Absheron Baku, Azerbaijan
- Renaissance Sao Paulo Hotel, Brazil
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Delta Hotels Banff Royal Canadian Lodge, Canada
- Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel, Canada
- Courtyard Niagara Falls, Canada
- Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, Canada
- The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, Canada
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre, Canada
- W Santiago, Chile
- JW Marriott Hotel Beijing, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Beijing, China
- The S. Regis Chengdu, China
- JW Marriott Hotel Shanghai at Tomorrow Square, China
- The Portman Ritz-Carlton, Shanghai, China
- The S. Regis Shanghai Jingan, China
- The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen, China
- The S. Regis Shenzhen, China
- Sheraton Grand Hotel Wuhan, China
- Marriott Hotel Hacienda Belen, Costa Rica
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
- Curaçao Marriott Beach Resort
- Courtyard Prague City, Czech Republic
- Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
- Sheraton Fiji Resort
- Riviera Marriott Hotel La Porte de Monaco, France
- Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel, Paris, France
- La Caserne Chanzy Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, Reims, France
- Athens Marriott Hotel, Greece
- Domes Miramare, a Luxury Collection Resort, Corfu, Greece
- Hong Kong SkyCity Marriott Hotel
- Mira Moon Hong Kong, a Member of Design Hotels
- The S. Regis Mumbai, India
- AC Hotel Firenze, Florence, Italy
- STRAF, Milan, a Member of Design Hotels, Italy
- Courtyard Rome Central Park, Italy
- Publica Isrotel, Autograph Collection, Herzliya, Israel
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Tokyo, Japan
- Courtyard Tokyo Ginza Hotel, Japan
- Hotel Pacai, Vilnius, a Member of Design Hotels, Lithuania
- Courtyard Vilnius City Center, Lithuania
- JW Marriott Hotel Macau
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, Malaysia
- The Westin Turtle Bay Resort & Spa, Mauritius
- Marriott Cancun Resort, Mexico
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun, Mexico
- The Westin Cozumel, Mexico
- Le Méridien Mexico City
- Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- The Slaak Rotterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Netherlands
- Four Points by Sheraton Auckland, New Zealand
- W Panama
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima, Peru
- Sheraton Manila Bay, Philippines
- Lisbon Marriott Hotel, Portugal
- S. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino
- Trump Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
- Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
- Sheraton Towers Singapore
- The Westin Cape Town, South Africa
- The Westin Chosun Seoul, South Korea
- Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, Switzerland
- Sheraton Zurich Hotel, Switzerland
- Hotel Proverbs Taipei, a Member of Design Hotels, Taiwan
- Taipei Marriott Hotel, Taiwan
- JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, Thailand
- The S. Regis Bangkok, Thailand
- Le Méridien Chiang Mai, Thailand
- JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Koh Samui Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa, Thailand
- Marriott’s Mai Khao Beach – Phuket, Thailand
- The Ritz-Carlton, Istanbul, Turkey
- W Abu Dhabi – Yas Island, UAE
- The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, UAE
- Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel, Dubai, UAE
- London Heathrow Marriott Hotel, UK
- Residence Inn London Kensington, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Canary Wharf, UK
- London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale, UK
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay Resort & Spa, Vietnam
Will you signup for this limited time offer? Where do you use your anniversary nights?
Leave a Reply
5 Comments On "Ends Tomorrow! Get A Record High 125,000 Points And A Free 50K Award Night When You Signup For The Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Card, Plus: Where You Can Use The Free Nights"
All opinions expressed below are user generated and the opinions aren’t provided, reviewed or endorsed by any advertiser or DansDeals.
Does Chase let you know if you are eligible before you actually hit apply? Like Amex
How do you pay your local electric bill when you are enrolled in autopay? Do you call or online? I tried online and they want to charge a fee even tho I am enrolled in autopay?
Hi Dan – Which one do you suggest between the IHG 150K offer and the Marriott 125K + 50K night offer if I can just get one of them?
I would love to sign up for the Boundless and would qualify except that I got bonus points for upgrading a Marriott personal Amex to a Brilliant on 11/6/19 so I’m 4 days away from being outside the 24 months for that :(. Unless I qualify right now because upgrades don’t count? Please let me know ASAP because I’ll sign up if I do qualify.
How long has it usually taken folks to get their welcome bonus free nights? If I sign up now, spend the required spending minimum, and pay it off right away, could I get the welcome bonus soon? I’m going away in the near future and would love to use the free nights then….