AMEX has confirmed to me that there won’t be any Small Business Saturday credits or points offer this month. It’s the first time since the program’s launch in 2010 that they didn’t have any offer whatsoever.
They’re still marketing Small Business Saturday on 11/25, but there is no cardmember offer.
It’s definitely been a fun run over the years. I got years worth of free groceries and pizza and even upgraded my wife’s engagement ring. Thanks for the good times AMEX!
A recap of SBS offer history:
- 2010, Launch year: $25 off $25 offer announced on 11/8. Registration form opened 11/8. Spending was valid 11/27-12/31.
- 2011: $25 off $25 offer announced on 10/6. Registration form opened 11/1. Spending was valid 11/26.
- 2012: $25 off $25 offer announced on 9/24. Registration form opened 11/17. Spending was valid 11/24.
- 2013: $10 off $10 offer announced on 10/1. Registration form opened 11/24. Spending was valid 11/30.
- 2014: $10 off $10 valid 3 times per card announced on 09/27. Registration form opened 11/16. Spending was valid 11/29.
- 2015: On 9/30 it was announced that there would be no credit for Small Business Saturday. However on 11/1 people started finding that most primary personal cards were targeted for $10 off $10 in their AMEX Offers and most business primary and secondary cards were targeted for $20 off $100. Spending was valid anytime from 11/1-11/28.
- 2016: On 11/20 it was announced that there would be no credit, but that purchases made at small businesses would get double points. Spending was valid anytime from 11/20-12/31.
How did you fare over the SBS era?