Table of Contents
For a limited time, you can earn 75,000 Capital One miles for opening the Capital One Venture Card and spending $4,000 in 3 months.
As you earn at least 2 miles per dollar everywhere, you’ll have at least 83,000 miles after spending $4,000 in 3 months. 83K miles can be used for $830 of travel, dining, or gift cards. Or it can be transferred into 83K airline miles.
The previous signup bonus offers on this card was 60K miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
Note that Capital One pulls and reports to all 3 of your credit reports. Capital One typically awards signup points even if you have the card in the past. It can be difficult, though it’s possible to get approved for more than 1 Capital One card every 6 months. You can have both the Venture and Venture X cards.
There is a $95 annual fee for the primary card and no annual fee for additional cardholders.
- 2 miles per dollar everywhere.
- 5 miles per dollar on hotels and rental cars booked through the Capital One Travel portal.
- 5 miles per dollar on Turo car rentals through 5/16/23.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
You’ll need to spend $4,000 on this card within 3 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.85% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
- Rental car CDW insurance
- Extended warranty
- Lost Luggage Insurance
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Purchase protection for items damaged or stolen within 90 days
- Virtual card numbers
Use points for paid travel reimbursement:
You can redeem your points to pay yourself back for any travel related expenses (airfare, hotels, car rentals, cruises, ride sharing, etc) or book new travel at a value of 1 cent per point.
Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check Credit:
It costs $85 to apply for a 5 year TSA Pre-Check membership which makes flying pleasant again. Shorter lines, no need to remove your shoes, belt, jacket, or hat. You can keep your laptop and small liquids inside your carry-on. And you go through a good old fashioned metal detector instead of assuming the position in the body scanner. If you charge it on your card the fee will be refunded.
It costs $100 to apply for a 5 year Global Entry membership which lets you bypass the customs line. If you have Global Entry you also get TSA Pre-Check for free.
If you charge it on your card the fee will be refunded. You can get refunded for this charge once every 4 years.
My whole family has Global Entry and it sure makes traveling a whole lot easier!
Capital One Lounge Passes:
Capital One airport lounges have now launched with its first lounge in Dallas/DFW in terminal D near gate 22. Lounges in Denver/DEN and Washington/IAD will open later this year with more lounges to come.
Capital One Landing locations will soon launch at LaGuardia Terminal B and Washington/DCA.
Lounges feature grab and go food with to-go bags for your flight, fully stocked bars with local beers and craft cocktails, coffee bars, work zones, exercise rooms with Peloton bikes and yoga mats, nursing rooms, kids rooms, soundproof relaxation rooms, luggage lockers, multi-faith prayer rooms, and shower suites!
Hertz elite status:
Primary and additional cardholders get free Hertz Five Star elite status. Benefits include skip the counter and e-return, 25% bonus points, space available upgrades, wider ultimate choice availability, and more!
Capital One Entertainment:
Cardholders get exclusive access to sports, music, and dining events with exclusive pre-sale access and more.
For example, cardholders can redeem 5,000 miles for box seats at most MLB games.
The $95/year Capital One Venture Card and the $395/year Capital One Venture X Card offer 75,000 points for spending $4,000 in 3 months. Both these cards offer 2 miles per dollar everywhere and the ability to transfer points into airline miles and hotel points. The Venture X adds a $300 annual travel credit, a 10K mile annual anniversary bonus, lounge access, elite status, Global Entry/PreCheck, and more.
Add the no annual fee SavorOne card and earn an effective 10 transferrable miles per dollar on Uber/Uber Eats and free Uber One through 11/2024. You’ll also earn 3 miles per dollar on groceries, dining, entertainment and streaming!
Airline and hotel transfer partners:
- You can transfer points from Capital One into these programs at the following ratios:
- Aeromexico (1:1, SkyTeam)
- Aer Lingus (1:1, No alliance, via British Airways)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (1:1, Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (1:1, SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (1:1, Star Alliance)
- British Airways Avios (1:1, OneWorld)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (1:1, OneWorld)
- EVA (2:1.5, Star Alliance)
- Emirates (1:1, No alliance)
- Etihad (1:1, No alliance)
- Finnair (1:1, OneWorld)
- Iberia (1:1, OneWorld, via British Airways)
- Qantas (1:1, OneWorld)
- Qatar (1:1, OneWorld, via British Airways)
- Singapore (1:1, Star Alliance)
- TAP Air Portugal (1:1, Star Alliance)
- Turkish Airlines (1:1, Star Alliance)
- Virgin Red/Virgin Atlantic (1:1, No alliance)
- Accor Hotels (2:1)
- Choice Hotels (1:1)
- Hilton Hotels (1:1.5, via Virgin Atlantic)
- Wyndham Hotels (1:1)
By transferring points to Accor, you can also transfer points to the following airlines via Accor at an effective 2:1 ratio:
- Iberia (Which can also be transferred to British Airways)
- Virgin Australia
You can also combine points between Capital One miles cards and you can transfer miles to any Capital One cardholder!
A nice perk is that after the 1,000 mile minimum transfer, you only need to transfer points in increments of 100, meaning you have fewer leftover points compared to other bank transfers.
- Air Canada awards start at just 6K miles on United.
- Avianca Lifemiles awards start at just 6.5K miles on United. Or save up for the 194K miles you’ll need for a round-trip first class flight in First Class from the US to Tel Aviv on Lufthansa with access to their amazing first class terminal during your connection with a Porsche transfer to your plane.
- Turkish Airlines has an incredibly generous award chart, with bargains on United like domestic awards, including Hawaii, costing just 7.5K miles in coach or 12.5K miles in business class! Tickets to Israel cost just 32K miles in coach or 47K miles in business class!
- 7.5K Virgin Atlantic miles is enough for a Delta short-haul flight and 50K is enough to fly nonstop on Delta between North America and Israel.
- 37K Flying Blue miles is enough to fly nonstop on Delta between North America and Israel.
- 120K Aeroplan miles is enough for a round-trip business class award between North America and 2 European cities.
- With 90K Cathay Pacific Asia Miles miles you can book a round-trip business class award between North America and Europe.
- With 180K Qantas points you can fly round-trip in El Al business class between NYC and Tel Aviv with no fuel surcharges.
- With 135K Emirates miles you can fly round-trip in A380 Shower Class from JFK to Milan.
- With 217.5K Emirates miles you can fly round-trip in A380 Shower Class from JFK to Dubai.
Will you signup for the Capital One Venture Card?