Update: This offer ends tomorrow!
Originally posted on 9/16:
Capital One shocked the mileage world when they announced last November that their points would be transferable into real airline miles.
Eligible cards include:
- The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is offering for a limited time only 50,000 miles for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another 150,000 miles for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, so you’ll have 300,000 total miles after spending $50,000 thanks to also earning 2 miles per dollar spent. This card now also offers free Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership.
- The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is offering 50,000 miles for spending $3,000 in 3 months.
Those cards earn 2 miles per dollar spent everywhere.
The Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business is offering for a limited time only $500 cash back for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another $1,500 cash back for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, so you’ll have $3,000 cash back after spending $50,000 thanks to also earning 2 cents per dollar spent. You can transfer cash back into miles at a 1:1 ratio if you also have the Spark® Miles or Venture® card.
You can transfer points from Capital One into these 12 airline programs at a 2:1.5 ratio:
- Aeromexico (SkyTeam)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (SkyTeam)
- Alitalia (SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (Star Alliance)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld)
- Etihad (No alliance)
- EVA (Star Alliance)
- Finnair (OneWorld)
- Hainan (No alliance)
- Qantas (OneWorld)
- Qatar (OneWorld)
You can transfer points from Capital One into these 3 airline programs at a 2:1 ratio:
- Emirates (No alliance)
- JetBlue (No alliance)
- Singapore (Star Alliance)
From now through 10/31, you can transfer Capital One points into Qantas points at a 1:1 ratio, a 33.3% bonus over the normal rate.
You can use 37.8K Qantas points in coach, 70,800 Qantas points in premium economy, or 90K Qantas points in business for a one-way ticket on El Al between NYC and Tel Aviv.
- Additional reading:
This is Capital One’s fifth transfer bonus, and they say that they will continue to offer transfer bonuses, which is great news!
Will you transfer Capital One points to Qantas?