Update, 2/13: The Norman Tel Aviv is now bookable as an SLH category 8 hotel costing 40K Hyatt points. The base points room is the Deluxe Room, which is normally $650 per night:
For tourists, that’s a value of 1.63 cents per Hyatt point. For Israeli residents subject to 17% VAT, it’s a value of 1.9 cents per Hyatt point.
Starting on 3/22, the hotel will be subject to 35K off-peak, 40K standard, or 45K peak pricing.
A $650 room for 35K points is a value of 1.86 cents per point for tourists or 2.17 cents per point for Israeli residents.
All Hyatt members get free WiFi, breakfast, upgrades, early check-in, and late checkout at SLH hotels on both paid and award stays.
In November 2018 Hyatt added 54 SLH partner hotels. Hyatt members can redeem points for those hotels and earn points for staying there.
Since then Hyatt has added more SLH partner hotels every few months.
Today Hyatt is adding a 7th round of SLH hotels and there are now more than 350 SLH hotels that partner with Hyatt for earning and redeeming points. Hyatt has a relatively small footprint, so the SLH hotel partnership opens up excellent redemption opportunities in unique places. More SLH Hotels will be added later this year.
Best of all, Hyatt is finally adding a points option in Israel. There used to be a Hyatt Regency Jerusalem, but that was reflagged some 15 years ago as the Dan Jerusalem, a few years after former Israeli general Rehavam Ze’evi was assassinated there.
Today, the Norman Tel Aviv joins Hyatt as a top-tier category 8 hotel, costing 40K points per night. That’s pricey, but it’s considered one of the top hotels in the country.
Unfortunately it is not a kosher hotel.
The hotel is not yet bookable on Hyatt.com but this will be the landing page when it is, I’ll make an update when it is bookable.
Other SLH hotels joining Hyatt today include:
- Hotel Villa Franca in Positano, Italy near Naples (Category 8)
- MarBella Nido Suite Hotel and Villas, and adults only hotel in Corfu, Greece (Category 6)
- Casa Angelina Lifestyle in Amalfi Coast, Italy (Category 8)
- CasaSur Recoleta Hotel in Buenos Aires, just a half mile walk to Chabad of Recoleta (category 4)
- Canal House in Amsterdam (Category 6)
All Hyatt members get free WiFi, breakfast, upgrades, early check-in, and late checkout at SLH hotels.
You can find today’s new SLH partner hotels below:
Here is Hyatt’s award chart that goes into effect on 3/22:
|Hotel (Click on category for list of hotels)||Standard Room Award||Points+30%-50% of Cash Rate||Standard Suite Night Award||Premium Suite Night Award|
|Category 1||3.5K Off-peak|
|Category 2||6.5K Off-peak|
|Category 3||9K Off-peak|
|Category 4||12K Off-peak|
|Category 5||17K Off-peak|
|Category 6||21K Off-peak|
|Category 7||25K Off-peak|
|Category 8||35K Off-peak|
You can transfer points from Chase to Hyatt instantly:
Chase premium cards with transferable points:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred
- $95 annual fee, 60K points signup bonus, earn 2 points per dollar on dining/travel, 25% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
- $95 annual fee, 80K points signup bonus, earn 3 points per dollar on select business spending and travel, 25% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- $550 annual fee, $300 in annual travel credit, $60 in annual Doordash credit, Doordash DashPass membership, Lyft Pink membership, 50K points signup bonus, earn 3 points per dollar on dining/travel, earn 10 points per dollar on Lyft, 50% bonus value on using points for paid travel redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, Priority Pass lounge access.
Chase no annual fee cards with transferable points if you, a spouse, or an additional user have one of the premium cards above:
- Chase Freedom Card
- No annual fee, 15K points signup bonus, earn 5 points per dollar in rotating categories.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited Card
- No annual fee, earn 3 points per dollar everywhere on up to $20K in spending during your first year, then earn 1.5 points per dollar everywhere.
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card
- No annual fee, 50K points signup bonus, earn 1.5 points per dollar everywhere.
- Chase Ink Business Cash Card
- No annual fee, 50K points signup bonus, earn up to 5 points per dollar.
- The World of Hyatt credit card is an excellent card and comes with 50,000 points in addition to annual free nights, elite status, and promotions. You can read more about the new World of Hyatt card here.
Have you stayed in any SLH hotels with Hyatt points?