Update: DEAD! Don’t miss it if this becomes alive again. Sign up for deal notification alerts here!
- Bookable on Priceline. Tickets purchased from Priceline today are refundable until tomorrow at 11:29pm ET. Please see this post for directions on how to cancel these tickets.
- Also bookable on Orbitz or Expedia or direct from the airline.
- Limited seats are available on each date.
- Use a card like Sapphire Preferred, Ink Preferred, or Sapphire Reserve to earn 2-3 Chase points per dollar spent and get free trip cancellation/interruption insurance, travel accident insurance, luggage insurance, trip and luggage delay protection, and more!
- Disclaimer: The health of DansDeals readers is this website’s paramount concern. For your sake and the sake of those around you, consider staying at home while COVID-19 is still spreading or try booking for after you think COVID-19 will no longer be a threat. Remember to travel responsibly and take precautions as suggested by your local authorities to avoid spreading the virus.
- [Now With INCREDIBLE Business Class Bargains To Israel And Free Award Redeposits!] Earn Up To 65K Miles On 4 Citi AAdvantage Mastercards!
- Earn Up To 75,000 Miles With Limited Time Bonus Offers Available On 4 Chase United Credit Cards, With My Favorite Airline Card Benefit!
- Earn 100,000 Miles On The New Chase United Quest Card, Plus Get 2 Free Checked Bags Per Passenger, And Rebates On Paid And Award Tickets!
- Which United Card Should You Get? Here’s A Comparison Chart!
Earlier today, American had dirt cheap basic economy fares from the US to Tokyo. Those fares couldn’t be changed.
That was a gamble, as currently Japan is closed to tourists.
But now American and United has standard economy/main cabin fares that can be changed for free!
American/JAL: Newark to Tokyo $225 standard economy sample dates:
October 26-November 2
November 22-December 2
January 23-February 1
January 30-February 8
Miami to Tokyo $225 standard economy sample dates:
October 5-12 on United
October 12-19 on American or United
October 19-26 on American or United
October 26-November 2 on American or United
November 2-9 on American or United
November 9-16 on American or United
November 16-23 on American
November 24-December 1 on United
January 19-26 on United
January 25-February 1 on American or United
February 2-9 on United/ANA
February 8-15 on United/ANA
February 16-23 on United/ANA
March 2-8 on United/ANA
March 9-15 on American
- Fares are also available from other cities to Tokyo on most dates from October-March, for example:
- Charlotte-Tokyo for $223 on United in standard economy. Sample date: November 17-24
- Chicago-Tokyo for $225 on AA in standard economy. Sample date: November 2-9
- Denver-Tokyo for $225 on AA in standard economy. Sample date: November 2-9
- Houston-Tokyo for $225 on AA in standard economy. Sample date: November 2-9
- Washington DC-Tokyo for $225 on AA in standard economy. Sample date: November 2-9
- San Francisco-Tokyo for $225 on AA in standard economy. Sample date: November 2-9
- Philadelphia-Tokyo for $225 on United in standard economy. Sample date: November 9-16
- Fort Lauderdale-Tokyo for $225 on United in standard economy. Sample date: November 9-16
- Dallas-Tokyo for $225 on United in standard economy. Sample date: November 9-16
- Phoenix-Tokyo for $225 on United in standard economy. Sample date: November 17-25
- Cleveland-Tokyo for $274 on United in standard economy
- S. Louis-Tokyo for $279 on United in standard economy
- Pittsburgh-Tokyo for $305 on AA in basic/$385 in standard economy
- Post what other cities you find!
Using Chase Points:
You can pay for the ticket with “hybrid points” such as AMEX or Chase points with a card that allows your points to be used at an increased value for airfare in addition to be able to transfer points into airline miles.
If you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card you can redeem points for 1.5 cents each towards travel. If you have a Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Ink Preferred you can redeem points for 1.25 cents each towards travel.
You can login to your account and redeem Chase points for travel here. The round-trip cost will be 15,044 points with a Sapphire Reserve. That rate include all taxes and you will still earn flight miles as well!
Don’t miss another deal!
Signup for free text message or push notification alerts here and you’ll be the first to know about every deal!