Update: This chart has been updated with the routes that will be affected by the upcoming devaluation on 02/02 for flights that touch North America.
4.5K/7.5K means if you book before 02/02 (for travel anytime into the future) the rate is 4.5K, but if you book on or after 02/02 the rate will be 7.5K.
Originally posted on 08/12/13.
American Express is a DansDeals.com advertiser.
-Chase British Airways Visa: Earn up to 100,000 Avios for a limited time only! Earn 50K for spending $2K in 3 months, earn an additional 25K for spending another $8K in 12 months, and earn an additional 25K for spending another $10K in 12 months.
Rates in the following charts are currently only accurate for travel in coach:
-Click to view Direct Avios Flights From Montreal, Toronto, Denver, Detroit, Pittsburgh, S. Francisco, And 6 Ohio Airports
-Click to view 94 Direct Avios Flights From Baltimore/Washington DC
-Click to view 29 Direct Avios Flights From Boston
-Click to view 126 Direct Avios Flights From Chicago
-Click to view 196 Direct Avios Flights From Dallas
-Click to view 12 Direct Avios Flights From Johannesburg
-Click to view 77 Direct Avios Flights From Los Angeles
-Click to view 77 Direct Avios Flights From Miami
-Click to view 102 Direct Avios Flights From NYC
-Click to view 123 Direct Avios Flights From Philadelphia
–Find more articles like this by clicking on the “Mileage Posts” tab on top of the DansDeals banner at the top of this site.
Did you know that there are 110 places you can fly direct to from NYC with your BA Avios?
British Airways Avios can’t be beat for short-haul nonstop flights thanks to ultra-low award rates, no expedite/close-in fees, and dirt cheap award cancellations. Below are all of the direct flights from NYC that can be booked with Avios.
Be sure to read this post for everything you NEED to know about the BA program and how to best search for BA award availability with tips like always booking one-way awards. If you have a question it’s probably already been answered there!
1. Rates in the chart are for one-way flights. Generally speaking it’s a good idea to book BA flights as one-ways to give you maximum flexibility.
2. Rates are always given in Avios. There is always a 25% bonus for transferring increments of 20K Starwood Starpoints into Avios. That just means that if a route requires 25K Avios for example you will only need 20K Starpoints.
3. Routes that are displayed in bold are subject to fuel surcharges, which can vary from $25 (JFK-Vancouver on Cathay Pacific) to several hundred dollars each way.
4. There are no fuel surcharges for flights on: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Alaska, LAN, and TAM. There are also no fuel surcharges for American flights within the western hemisphere, for JAL flights within Japan, and for Qantas flights within or from Australia. Fuel surcharges for intra-Europe flights are also typically quite low. Fuel surcharges for travel on Cathay Pacific aren’t too bad while fuel surcharges to fly on British Airways border on the criminal.
You can also save on the fuel surcharges imposed on Iberia flights by transferring British Airways Avios into Iberia Avios.
5. In the charts below I’ve only included direct flights as BA charges Avios for each flight segment.
For example Tel Aviv isn’t on the chart as BA does not have any partners that fly nonstop from NYC to Tel Aviv. Though you can always fly to Tel Aviv via Berlin or Dusseldorf for 20K for the overseas segment and 10K for the Berlin/Dusseldorf/Munich-Tel Aviv segment with no fuel surcharges. It can help to search for NYC-Berlin or Dusseldorf and Berlin or Dusseldorf-Tel Aviv separately.
Maui isn’t on the chart as no airlines fly nonstop from NYC-Maui. Though you can always fly to Maui from Los Angeles, S. Diego, or Seattle, for 12.5K for the NYC-west coast segment and 12.5K for the West coast-Maui segment with no fuel surcharges. Plus you can stopover in the connecting city for as long or short as you want.
6. BA.com does not display availability for all airlines! If you want to book travel on airlines like Alaska, Aer Lingus, and LAN you’ll need to pick up the phone and call BA! You can search Alaska award availability on AA.com before calling BA to book it. You can search Aer Lingus availability on United.com before calling BA to book it.
Note that you should also search AA.com for flights as BA.com doesn’t display all options. See this post for more info on that and for how to book saver award flights found on AA.com with BA Avios.
7. In rare cases connecting flights can be cheaper than nonstop flights when using Avios and I’ve noted that in the chart.
8. Cities in the chart may only have seasonal nonstop service.
9. A dash means that class of service isn’t offered on that route.
10. While the Qantas flight from JFK to Sydney stops in Los Angeles it is considered a direct flight by BA as the flight number remains the same. Therefore they do charge Avios as if it is just 1 flight segment.
American Express is a DansDeals.com advertiser.
Want to pickup Avios? You’re in luck as you can transfer points from all over the place to BA.
-You can also earn Avios directly with the Chase British Airways Visa Signature card, which is offering up to 100K Avios currently!
The Preferred card awards 1.5 points per dollar everywhere, 3 points per dollar on Uber and gas, and 4.5 points per dollar on groceries if you make 30 transactions per month.
The EveryDay card awards 1.2 points per dollar everywhere and 2.4 points per dollar on Uber and groceries if you make 20 transactions per month.
You can also earn Membership Rewards points from consumer charge cards like the American Express Premier Rewards Gold Card and The Platinum Card® from American Express, and from business charge cards like the AMEX Business Gold Rewards Charge Card or The Business Platinum Card.
The Blue for Business® Credit Card from American Express has no annual fee and a limited time increased signup bonus. It earns a generous 1.3 points per dollar everywhere, but you’ll need any of the membership rewards cards listed above to transfer points from that card into airline miles.
-The Starwood Consumer AMEX and the Starwood Business AMEX awards 25K signup points with no fee for the first year. 20K Starpoints can transfer into 25K Avios with the permanent 25% transfer bonus. Transfers can take a few days.
-Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred instantly at a 1:1 ratio into BA Avios from the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Chase Ink Plus credit cards.
Cards like Chase Freedom and Chase Ink Cash can’t directly transfer points into miles, you’ll have to transfer those points to a Sapphire Preferred or Ink Plus that belongs to an additional user before you can transfer those points to British Airways.
View the complete 110 route chart after the jump:
Flights From EWR:
|Hong Kong||Cathay Pacific||35K||105K||-|
|London||British Airways||20K (13K on BA off-peak flights)||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||80K (68K on BA off-peak flights)|
|Paris/ORY||Open Skies||20K (13K on BA off-peak flights)||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||-|
Flights from JFK:
|Dublin||American, Aer Lingus||20K (17K via Boston)||60K (42K via Boston)||-|
|Hong Kong||Cathay Pacific||35K||105K||140K|
|London/LCY||British Airways||-||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||-|
|London/LHR||American, British Airways||20K (13K on BA off-peak flights)||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||80K (68K on BA off-peak flights)|
|Paris/CDG||Open Skies||20K (13K on BA off-peak flights)||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||-|
|Paris/ORY||American, Open Skies||20K (13K on BA off-peak flights)||60K (50K on BA off-peak flights)||-|
|Port Au Prince, Haiti||American||10K||20K||-|
|Punta Cana, DR||American||10K||20K||-|
|Rio de Janeiro||American, TAM||25K||75K||-|
|S. Jose, Costa Rica||American||12.5K||37.5K||-|
|S. Juan, PR||American||10K||20K||-|
|Sao Paulo/GRU||American, TAM||25K||75K||100K|
|Shannon||Aer Lingus||20K (17K via Boston)||60K (42K via Boston)||-|
Flights From LGA:
|West Palm Beach||American||7.5K||30K||-|
Find a mistake? Post a comment!