Wednesday, December 24th, 2014, 10:53 am
8th in a series.
-Chase British Airways Visa: Earn 50,000 Avios for spending $2,000, that’s enough for 11 one-way flights! Until 12/31/14 this card’s annual fee is waived for the first year.
-Click to view 94 Direct Avios Flights From Baltimore/Washington DC
-Click to view 29 Direct Avios Flights From Boston
-Click to view 126 Direct Avios Flights From Chicago
-Click to view 77 Direct Avios Flights From Los Angeles
-Click to view 120 Direct Avios Flights From Miami
-Click to view 103 Direct Avios Flights From NYC
-Click to view 123 Direct Avios Flights From Philadelphia
–Find more articles like this by clicking on the “Mileage Posts” tab on top of the DansDeals banner at the top of this site.
Did you know that there are 196 places you can fly direct to from Dallas with your BA Avios?
British Airways Avios can’t be beat for short-haul nonstop flights thanks to ultra-low award rates, no expedite/close-in fees, and dirt cheap award cancellations. Below are all of the direct flights from Dallas that can be booked with Avios.
Be sure to read the British Airways knowledgebase and the 22 Things To Keep In Mind When Using Avios for everything you NEED to know about the BA program and how to best search for BA award availability with tips like always booking one-way awards. If you have a question it’s probably already been answered there!
1. Rates in the chart are for one-way flights. Generally speaking it’s a good idea to book BA flights as one-ways to give you maximum flexibility.
2. Rates are always given in Avios. Currently there is a 40% bonus for transferring AMEX MR points into Avios and there is always a 25% bonus for transferring increments of 20K Starwood Starpoints into Avios. That just means that if a route requires 25K Avios for example you will only need 20K Starpoints and if a route requires 35K Avios for example you will only need 25K AMEX MR points with the current promotion.
3. Routes that are displayed in bold are subject to fuel surcharges, which can add up to to several hundred dollars each way.
4. There are no fuel surcharges for flights on: Aer Lingus, Air Berlin, Alaska, LAN, and TAM. There are also no fuel surcharges for American and USAirways flights within the western hemisphere, for JAL flights within Japan, and for Qantas flights within Australia. Fuel surcharges for intra-Europe flights are also typically quite low. Fuel surcharges for travel on Cathay Pacific aren’t too bad while fuel surcharges to fly on British Airways border on the criminal.
You can save on the fuel surcharges imposed on Iberia flights by transferring British Airways Avios into Iberia Avios.
5. In the charts below I’ve only included direct flights as BA charges Avios for each flight segment.
For example Kauai isn’t on the chart as BA does not have any partners that fly nonstop from Dallas-Kauai. Though you can always fly to Kauai via Los Angeles, Portland, San Diego, San Jose, or Seattle for 10K for the Dallas-west coast segment and 12.5K for the West coast-Kauai segment with no fuel surcharges on American or Alaska. Or fly to Phoenix for 7.5K and from Phoenix to Kauai on USAirways for 12.5K. Plus you can stopover in the connecting city for as long or short as you want.
6. BA.com does not display availability for all airlines! If you want to book travel on airlines like Alaska, Aer Lingus, and LAN you’ll need to pick up the phone and call BA! You can search Alaska award availability on AA.com before calling BA to book it.
7. In rare cases connecting flights can be cheaper than nonstop flights when using Avios and I’ve noted that in the chart.
8. Cities in the chart may only have seasonal nonstop service.
9. A dash means that class of service isn’t offered on that route.
American Express is a DansDeals.com advertiser.
Want to pickup Avios? You’re in luck as you can transfer points from all over the place to BA.
-The Chase British Airways Visa Signature offers 50,000 Avios for spending $2K. Until 12/31/14 the $95 annual fee is waived for the first year as well. This card earns 1.25 Avios per dollar spent. You also get 10% off British Airways flights and can earn a companion pass that is good for a free companion on a coach, business, or first class award ticket if you spend $30K in a calendar year.
-The Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express awards 25K signup points with the $95 annual fee waived or the first year. 20K Starpoints can transfer into 25K Avios with the permanent 25% transfer bonus.
-American Express Membership Rewards points can be earned from cards like The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express and The Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express.
Those cards both offer a year of Amazon Prime for a limited time only. The Everyday Preferred card earns more points per dollar for everyday purchases than any other card in its class. The Everyday card is the only no annual fee card that allos points transfers into airline miles.
AMEX MR points normally transfer instantly 1:1 to Avios but until 01/31/15 you’ll get 1,400 Avios for every 1K AMEX MR points transferred to British Airways.
-Chase Ultimate Rewards points are earned from consumer cards like Sapphire Preferred or Chase Freedom. They can also be earned on business cards like the Chase Ink Plus or Chase Ink Cash. These points also can transfer instantly 1:1 to Avios.
View the complete 196 route chart after the jump:
|Cabo San Lucas||American||7.5K||15K||-|
|College Station, TX||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Fort Smith, AR||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Fort Walton Beach, FL||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Garden City, KS||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Grand Island, NE||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Grand Junction, CO||American||7.5K||-||-|
|Grand Rapids, MI||American||7.5K||-||-|
|Hong Kong||American||50K (42.5K via Chicago)||100K (77.5K via Chicago)||150K (112.5K via Chicago)|
|Jackson Hole, WY||American||7.5K||22.5K||-|
|Lake Charles, LA||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Liberia, Costa Rica||American||10K||20K||-|
|London||American, British Airways||25K||50K||75K|
|Orange County, CA||American||10K||30K||-|
|Palm Springs, CA||American||7.5K||22.5K||-|
|Portland, OR||Alaska, American||10K||30K||-|
|Providenciales, Turks and Caicos||American||10K||20K||-|
|Rapid City, SD||American||7.5K||-||-|
|Rio de Janeiro||American||25K||50K||-|
|S. Angelo, TX||American||4.5K||-||-|
|S. Jose, CA||American||10K||30K||-|
|S. Jose, Costa Rica||American||10K||20K||-|
|S. Juan, PR||American||12.5K||25K||-|
|S. Luis Potosi, Mexico||American||7.5K||-||-|
|Salt Lake City||American||7.5K||22.5K||-|
|Santa Fe, NM||American||4.5K||-||-|
|Sydney||Qantas||50K (45K via Honolulu)||100K||150K|
|West Palm Beach, FL||American||7.5K||22.5K||-|
|Wichita Falls, TX||American||4.5K||-||-|
Find a mistake? Post a comment!