DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Login to AMEX via the link above and you can see if you are targeted for a 25% bonus when you transfer AMEX Membership Rewards points to Cathay Pacific Asia Miles. If you are targeted it will show a 1,000:1,250 transfer ratio. Otherwise you’ll see the usual 1,000:1,000 transfer ratio. The offer may expire at any time.
This will stack on top of the 10% bonus for transfers to Cathay Pacific, so 1,000 AMEX points will turn into 1,375 Cathay Pacific miles!
Asia Miles no longer expire, as long you you earn or redeem 1 mile every 18 months.
Cathay Pacific has better award availability on Cathay flights than they release to partners, which makes their miles valuable.
Here is the Cathay Pacific Asia Miles award chart:
Fuel surcharges for British Airways flights are cheaper than they are with other partners. For example while BA charges 50K-60K Avios+$629 for one-way business class from JFK to London, Cathay charges 61K miles+$258.
AMEX cards with transferable points include:
- AMEX Blue Business Plus
- No annual fee, earns 2 points per dollar spent everywhere on up to $50K in annual spending. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Platinum Business
- $595 annual fee, earn 1.5 points per dollar on eligible $5K+ transactions, $200 in annual airline fee credits, $200 in annual Dell credits, 1 year WeWork Global Office Space, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, 35% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Gold Business Card
- $295 annual fee, 25% points rebate on paid airfare redemptions, earn 4 points per dollar on your most common spending categories each billing cycle. Rates and fees.
- AMEX Gold Consumer Card
- $250 annual fee, $100 in annual airline fee credits, earn up to 4 points per dollar.
- AMEX Green Consumer Card
- $150 annual fee, $100 in annual CLEAR credit, earn up to 3 points per dollar.
- AMEX Platinum Consumer Card
- $550 annual fee, earn 5 points per dollar on airfare, $200 in annual airline fee credits, up to $200 in annual Uber credit, up to $100 in annual Saks credit, Marriott and Hilton Gold status, Global Entry/Pre-check, AMEX Global lounge collection access.
- AMEX Everyday Preferred Consumer Card
- $95 annual fee, earn between 1.5-4.5 points per dollar everywhere with 30+ monthly transactions.
- AMEX Everyday Consumer Card
- No annual fee, earn between 1.2-2.4 points per dollar everywhere with 20+ monthly transactions.
HT: Eluzer K
Are you targeted for this offer?