Update 5: Air Serbia is cancelling flights to/from Belgrade and Tel Aviv on March 12, 20, and 30. Changes can be made one time without penalty for travel through 10/24.
Update 4: Virgin Atlantic has confirmed that they will cancel all Tel Aviv flights from March 12 through at least March 31.
Update 3: Delta has confirmed that they will cancel all Tel Aviv flights from March 14 through at least March 24.
Update 2: United wrote to Israeli travel agents today they are committing to continue all of their flights to North America for at least 7 days from now.
Additionally, all previously unavailable United flights have now been restored for sale. This post will be updated when more information becomes available.
Update: Based on current flights for sale it tentatively appears that:
- All international Arkia flights are cancelled in March.
- All Wizz Air flights are cancelled from March 13-23
- Turkish Air flights from Istanbul to Tel Aviv are being reduced from 9 per day to 2-3 per day from now through March 31.
- All Delta flights between JFK and Tel Aviv are cancelled from March 14-24
- All Air France flights to Israel are cancelled through March 28
- All Lufthansa flights to Israel are cancelled through March 28
- All Iberia flights to Israel are cancelled through April 30
- All Alitalia flights to Israel are cancelled through March 28
- All Austrian flights to Israel are cancelled through March 28
- All Swiss flights to Israel are cancelled through March 28
This situation is highly fluid and this post will be updated as more information is released. If you are booked on a flight that may be cancelled, be sure to call your booking airline for reaccommodation.
On the heels of Israel announcing a mandatory quarantine on arrivals from abroad, United appears to be cancelling select flights between the US and Israel from March 11-31.
United.com is not showing any flights for sale between Newark, San Francisco, or Washington DC and Tel Aviv starting on March 11th through March 31st. That’s typically indicative that the flights will not operate. (Update: United has restored 1 daily Newark-Tel Aviv-Newark flight, see post update above)
United can still restore the flights, I’ve reached out to United for comment.
If you do want to fly to or from Tel Aviv you should call now to rebook on a flight today or tomorrow before seats fill up.
United flight 84 from Newark to Tel Aviv today is currently delayed as United seeks clarification from the Israeli government on the new quarantine restrictions.
I’d expect similar moves from other airlines as well, so be sure to call now to rebook your travel ASAP before flights are cancelled.