Update: Multiple commenters note that Mosaic members and their companions get overweight bags (51-70 pounds) for free, a value of $150/bag each way!
Premier members get a 70 pound baggage allowance on United and I’ve found that while I need to carefully weigh bags to stay under 50 pounds, I don’t ever need to worry about that when bags can weigh 70 pounds, so this is a great benefit!
I’ve added this to the unpublished benefits below, did you know about this benefit or do you know about other unpublished Mosaic benefits?
Lots of people woke up today with newly minted JetBlue Mosaic status thanks to the Mosaic nomination promotion.
Here are the Mosaic status benefits.
- 15K points upon qualification, but this doesn’t apply to nominated status.
- 3 bonus points per dollar spent on JetBlue flights.
- First 2 bags free for you and all passengers on your itinerary.
- No cancel or change fees, unless you’re on a basic economy ticket. If you cancel you’ll get the refund as a TravelBank credit. If you cancel an award ticket you’ll get the points back and get the tax back as a TravelBank credit.
- Note that due to COVID-19, JetBlue currently isn’t charging any members a cancellation fee and the current waiver even applies for basic economy tickets. That’s a superior cancellation policy than the regular Mosaic benefit.
- Same day confirmed flight changes (without paying difference in fare) and standby fees are waived for Mosaic members, unless you’re on a basic economy ticket. That means you can buy a cheaper flight and switch to a more expensive flight for free (even to a nearby co-airport) starting 24 hours before your original flight.
- Priority Mosaic phone line (877-538-8783) with faster and better customer service when you enter your TrueBlue Mosaic number.
- Priority security line access.
- Priority boarding.
- Free on-board alcoholic drinks.
- Use points to upgrade to EMS (Even More Space) seats, unless you’re on a basic economy ticket.
- For example on a flight I have booked from Fort Lauderdale to Cleveland, the cost to upgrade to an EMS window or aisle seat is $48 or 600 points. A middle EMS seat upgrade is $43 or 500 points. That’s a value of 8-8.6 cents per TrueBlue point compared to a typical value of about 1.3 cents. You can transfer points from AMEX, Capital One, Citi, Chase, or Marriott to JetBlue. Upgrade fees will vary based on the route and cost.
- If there is EMS seating available on the day of your flight, you can ask an airport agent for a free upgrade for you and everyone on your itinerary and most will grant it. If the ticketing agent won’t do it, you can always ask at the customer service center or at the gate. Of course that means risking not sitting together if you’re traveling with companions.
- Some people have even reported being upgraded for free to business mint class at the airport. That’s not as common, but it’s certainly worth asking!
- Multiple commenters are reporting that Mosaic members and their companions aren’t charged fees for suitcases weighing up to 70 pounds each!
- Mosaic phone agents are also much more lenient when it comes to policy exceptions, though it may take some HUCAs.
- You may be able to match your status to other airlines, share your results in the comments!
Which Mosaic benefits do you value the most and which other unpublished benefits and waivers have you taken advantage of?