Update: Today is the last day for Mosaic members to nominate someone else to have Mosaic status from 6/15/20-6/15/21. Have an extra nomination? Offer it to another reader in the comments!
Originally posted on 5/14:
JetBlue finally announced that they too will extend Mosaic elite status.
- Mosaic Status Extended Through 12/31/21
- All Mosaic customers, whether status was obtained through travel or with $50K spend on the JetBlue Plus Card, will have their status extended through 12/31/21.
- Give the Gift of Mosaic Status
- All current Mosaic members can gift Mosaic status to someone else by clicking here. Benefits include no change or cancel fees, first and second bag free, early boarding, a complimentary alcoholic beverage onboard and more. The nomination must be submitted by 6/1/20. Nominated status will be in effect from 6/15/20-6/15/21.
- This is a great perk, but those benefits are worth somewhat less this year as everyone can currently get free changes and cancellations on JetBlue flights due to COVID-19.
- “The sale or barter of the gift of Mosaic status is expressly prohibited.”
- Dan’s Note: Shout out to reader Mordechai Stricks for the nomination! Thanks!
If any readers want to send me a nomination I’d certainly appreciate it!
- Reduced Qualification Threshold in 2020
- JetBlue is reducing the qualifying points and segment minimums by 50 percent for Mosaic level qualification. Mosaic customers will continue to receive an award of 15,000 bonus TrueBlue points upon qualification. Note that the spending requirement for Mosaic status of $50,000 on the JetBlue Plus card remains unchanged.
- Reduced thresholds for flying: 7,500 qualifying points (vs. 15,000 points for the calendar year) or 6,000 qualifying points and 15 segments (vs. 12,000 points and 30 segments)
- Double TrueBlue Points for New Bookings
- Book by travel from 5/14-6/15 for travel from now through 1/4/21 and JetBlue will double the TrueBlue base point award on all reservations. For Blue Basic fares, that’s two points per $1 and for other fares that’s six points per $1.
- Double points on All JetBlue Mastercard Purchases
- From 5/14/20-6/15/20, cardmembers will earn 2 points per dollar everywhere.