If you upload your vaccine card on United.com here or on the United mobile app under My Account>Add record to my profile you will be enrolled for this offer.
You need to be a US resident 18 or older to enter.
The vaccine data will be saved so that you will be able to travel to countries requiring proof of vaccine without needing your physical card. You can remove the vaccine card after the end of the sweepstakes.
What I hate about most sweepstakes, such as the grand prize in American’s 40th anniversary sweepstakes, is that the winner gets hit with a massive tax bill.
But United is going above and beyond to alleviate that burden.
5 grand prize winners will each win 26 round-trip business class flight certificates. Each certificate is valid to fly with a designated companion to anywhere in the world on United! Plus, they will also each win $275,000 in cash. Flights are valid from 7/15/21-7/14/22. The ARV of this prize is $784,000, though you should be able to dispute that ARV if you don’t use all of your flights or if the actual value of the flights you fly plus the cash is less than that.
30 first prize winners will win 1 round-trip business class flight certificate valid to fly with a designated companion to anywhere in the world on United! Plus, they will also each win $7,700 in cash. Flights are valid from 7/15/21-7/14/22. The ARV of this prize is $27,300, though you should be able to dispute that ARV if the actual value of the flight you fly plus the cash is less than that.
Flight certificates are non-transferrable.
First prize winners will be picked daily from June 1-30 and the grand prize winners will be picked on July 1st from the non-winning entries.
Registration closes on 6/22, but by entering early you’ll have more chances to win. Then again, if you enter early you’ll have marginally higher odds of winning a first prize, which would exclude you from winning the grand prize.
- If you are not vaccinated because you are unable to be vaccinated due to religious requirements or health reasons or if you have been vaccinated, but you have privacy concerns about United storing your vaccine card, you may enter by mail.
- To enter by mail, send a slip of paper with your valid email address, name, address, city, state, ZIP code, phone number, and MileagePlus number to MileagePlus Vax Sweepstakes, PO Box 158, Freeburg, IL 62243-0158.
- Mail-in entries must be hand-written and original.
- Limit one mail-in entry per outer mailing envelope.
- Mail-in entries must be post-marked by the end of the Sweepstakes Period and received by the deadlines set forth below.
- Limit one entry per person and per MileagePlus account, regardless of method of entry.
- Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods may void that entrant’s Entries if discovered by Sponsor and that entrant may be disqualified, and any potential prize may be forfeited.
- A winner who entered via the mail-in entry may be required to execute an affidavit certifying that the winner did not receive the COVID-19 vaccination because they are unable to be vaccinated due to religious requirements or health reasons or that the winner has been vaccinated as of entry, but has privacy concerns about United storing participant’s vaccine card.
Hawaii? Tel Aviv? Bora Bora? London? Paris? Venice? Cape Town? You won’t have to choose if you win, you can see them all! You can view United’s route map here. What’s on your bucket list?
If you win a prize, be sure to come back here and comment!