Update, 6/25: The miles have posted to my account, backdated to May 3rd. That will extend mileage validity through 11/2/22. How many miles did you get?
Update, 5/3: Today is the last day to play!
Originally posted on 4/5:
American launched the world’s first frequent flyer program on 5/1/81, forever changing the loyalty landscape. Within 1 year the program had 144,000 members, today it has over 115 million.
The game didn’t work for me in Chrome, but it worked for me in Firefox.
You can login daily through 5/3 to win instant win prizes and be entered to be one of 40 people who will win the grand prize of 1 million AAdvantage miles. The program is open to US residents who are 18 and older.
Scroll down to the bottom, accept cookies, and click play to enter daily. You can also click links on the page to gain more spins.
My wife and I each did 6 spins and won 40-400 miles per spin. JJ won a main cabin extra upgrade and 5 of the 40 mile awards. The awards will post in 8-10 weeks.
Another bonus is that earning miles will extend the expiration date on all of your miles by 18 months.
Beware that if you do win the million miles, you will get a 1099 for $22,400 of income. Depending on your marginal tax rate of if that amount will make you ineligible for stimulus payments, that can be a very raw deal. However you can potentially adjust that valuation or refuse that prize, so that’s something to discuss with an accountant.
Instant prizes include:
- 500,000 awards of 40 miles
- 230,000 awards of 400 miles
- 50,000 awards of 20% off select Hyatt hotels
- 45,500 awards of a preferred seat upgrade
- 35,000 awards of 4,000 miles
- 22,500 awards of a main cabin extra seat upgrade
- 7,500 awards of an Admirals Club Day Pass
- 1,300 awards of a $20 Mastercard gift card
- 200 awards of a 1 year Admirals Club membership
- 40 awards of 2 free nights at Park MGM Las Vegas
The Admirals Club membership comes with a 1099 for $650. All other instant win prizes fall below the 1099 threshold.
Post which prizes you win!