Thousands of DansDeals readers received SMS alerts from Twitter over the past 11 years, but last week Twitter discontinued the service without warning.
We are beta testing an SMS solution here, but here are some better options if you have a smartphone:
Option A. The most reliable option appears to be Telegram notifications:
Step 2: Click here to access the @DansDeals channel and click join on the bottom:
Step 3: Click on the DansDeals channel name on top and ensure that notifications from the channel are on:
Option B. Twitter app push notifications, is the next best option, as notifications can be spotty. You may need to be connected to WiFi for Twitter notification.
Step 2: Search for DansDeals and click on follow.
Step 4: From the home page, click on your own profile image on the top left to get to the drop down settings menu and then on “settings and privacy.”
Step 5: Click on “Notifications” and then on “push notifications.”
Step 6: Enable push notifications on top and then enable them for Tweets from people you follow. When you click on Tweets, DansDeals should now should up in this section. You can select which accounts you want push notification from.
You can also disable push notifications for other Twitter alerts and actions on this page.
Option C. In-browser push notifications.
When you first visit DansDeals.com you should have the option to be notified of new posts. If you said “No thanks” you can still turn them on by clicking on the notification bell icon on the bottom left of the site:
Alternatively you can click on the secure icon in your browser’s URL bar and then editing the notifications settings to allow or block notifications in order to turn them on or off:
You can also:
- Like our DansDeals Facebook page.
- Join the DansDeals Facebook group discussion.
- Discuss anything under the sun on the DansDeals Forums.
- Subscribe to the DansDeals RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/feed, or to the DansDeals comments RSS feed at http://www.dansdeals.com/comments/feed
- Subscribe to the DansDeals Daily Email Digest that can be found on the sidebar of this site.
- Post a deal tip on the DansDeals Forum’s Amazon & Walmart Deals Board or the regular Deals/Deal Requests Board for deals that aren’t related to Amazon or Walmart. Get to 100 hat tips and win awesome prizes!
- Email deal tips to us at email@example.com or Dan@DansDeals.com, but please note that we’re unable to answer personal emails.
- Advertise on DansDeals.com by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy deal hunting!