DansDeals will receive compensation if you are approved for a credit card via a link in this post. Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers, visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Update, 2/4: The Gold card is now permanently available in your choice of Gold or Rose Gold. Rose Gold was previously only available during a popular limited time promotion in 2019. On the application page you can choose between Gold and Rose Gold:
This card no longer comes with an airline fee credit for new applicants, but you can still get the 60K points offer, plus $10 of monthly Uber/Uber Eats credit, $10 of monthly Grubhub/Boxed credit, and a year of Uber Eats pass!
Table of Contents
- You can now earn 60,000 Membership Rewards Points bonus points for opening the American Express Gold Card and spending $4,000 in 6 months.
Comparison to previous welcome bonus:
- The previous welcome bonus was 35K points for spending $4,000 in 3 months.
Welcome bonus terms:
You won’t get the welcome bonus on this card if you have or previously had this card. If you are not eligible for the bonus a pop-up will appear to let you know before you submit your application.
$100 Annual airline fee credit:
If you opened this card on of before 2/3/21 you can get a $100 credit for airline fees this year. This benefit ends on 12/31/21.
$10 Monthly Boxed/Grubhub/Seamless credit
After enrollment here, this card comes with automatic $10 monthly statement credits at Boxed, Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, and participating Shake Shack locations.
That’s a value of up to $120 annually!
$10 Monthly Uber/Uber Eats credit
Enroll your card in the Uber app and you will get a $10 monthly credit good for Uber and/or Uber Eats.
You can enroll multiple AMEX Gold or Platinum cards from different users in the same Uber account to combine the credits!
That’s a value of up to $120 annually!
Free Year Of Uber Eats Pass
Just add your card as a payment method in the Uber Eats app and click on Eats Pass to signup for free for 12 months.
Uber Eats Pass normally costs $9.99/month. It offers $0 delivery fee plus 5% off food. There are also lots of bonus promo codes for free food that are offered to Eats Pass members.
You can enroll in this offer to start your 12 free months through 12/31/21.
That’s a value of up to $120!
- 4 points per dollar at restaurants worldwide
- 4 points per dollar at US supermarkets on up to $25,000 in annual purchases
- 3 points per dollar on airfare
- 1 point per dollar everywhere.
- There are no foreign transaction fees.
Membership Rewards points can transfer to airlines like ANA, Air Canada, Avianca, or Singapore for Star Alliance travel. Points transfer to Aeromexico, Alitalia, Air France/KLM, or Delta for Skyteam travel. Transfer to BA, Cathay Pacific, Iberia, or Qantas for OneWorld travel. Other transfer options include Aer Lingus, Emirates, Etihad, Hawaiian, JetBlue, or Virgin Atlantic. Plus, you can transfer points to Choice, Hilton, and Marriott hotels.
You’ll need to spend $4,000 within 6 months.
You can pay your federal taxes for a 1.96% fee. If you overpay your taxes you can request a refund or apply it to your next year’s taxes.
My local natural gas company allows me to prepay up to $1,000 on a credit card for a $1.65 flat fee. That’s a great way to earn miles and help meet a spend threshold. My electricity supplier allows me to pay with a credit card for free as long as I am enrolled in autopay.
You can convert this card to the AMEX Green ($150 annual fee) or Platinum card ($550 annual fee).
Earn statement credits at stores that you register for in your AMEX account.
- Trip delay insurance will reimburse expenses due to a flight delay, up to $300 of coverage for 12+ hour delays.
- Baggage Insurance covers lost, stolen, or damaged luggage on plain, train, ship, or bus tickets paid for on the card.
- An additional year of warranty coverage, double the original manufacturers warranty, and if you have any issue in the extended warranty year they’ll pay to have it fixed or refund your entire purchase price without a hassle. This benefit is far more valuable than warranty benefits offered by other banks.
- If you need to dispute a charge there’s nobody who makes it easier or as pain-free as American Express does. It’s the easiest dispute resolution process in the industry by leaps and bounds and you can do it all online.
- If your item is stolen or broken within 90 days you’ll be covered.
- Complimentary Shoprunner 2 day free shipping and return shipping on hundreds of websites.
- Secondary car rental CDW protection worldwide and primary available for $19.95/rental.
Will you apply for this AMEX Gold 60K offer?