- For a limited time only, the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is offering 50,000 miles for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another 150,000 miles for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, for a potential signup bonus of 200,000 points!
- The card earns 2 miles per dollar everywhere, so you’ll have 60,000 miles after spending $5,000 in 3 months or 300,000 miles for spending $50,000 in 6 months.
- You can earn 5 miles per dollar for hotels and car rentals booked via Capital One Travel.
- These miles can be used for paid travel at a rate of 1 cent per mile or they can be transferred into airline miles at a 2:1.5 ratio.
- 60K Capital One miles can be used for $600 in free travel or transferred into 45K airline miles.
- 300K Capital One miles can be used for $3,000 in free travel or transferred into 225K airline miles.
- For a limited time only, the Capital One® Spark® Cash for Business is offering $500 cash back for spending $5,000 in 3 months and another $1,500 cash back for spending another $45,000 within 6 months, for a potential signup bonus of $2,000 cash back!
- The card earns 2% cash back everywhere, so you’ll have $600 cash back after spending $5,000 in 3 months or $3,000 cash back for spending $50,000 in 6 months.
- The effective cash back on $5,000 of spending is 12%
- The effective cash back on $50,000 of spending is 6%
- Both cards have a $95 annual fee, which is waived for the first year.
- Both cards have no foreign transaction fees.
- Both card offer price protection up to $500/item and $2,500 per year within 60 days of purchase.
- You can earn the bonus on these cards even if you have had them previously.
- Note that Capital One pulls and reports to all 3 of your credit reports and they report business cards on your personal credit report.
The Spark Cash card is a simple cashback card. If you also have a Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card or a Spark® Miles Card you can transfer that cashback to those cards and then transfer into airline miles.
The Spark Miles card can be used towards paid travel or they can be transferred into airline miles. You can book paid travel via any booking method and then get a refund for that purchase by requesting to use your points at a value of 1 cent each.
The Venture and the Spark® Miles cards also come with Global Entry/Pre-Check Membership. You can reimbursed for those fees ($85 for Pre-Check or $100 for Global Entry and Pre-Check) every 4 years. Membership lasts for 5 years, so you will be able to renew before your membership lapses. Global Entry/Pre-Check make flying so much easier. I got Global Entry and Pre-Check for free for my entire family via credit cards that offer free membership!
Unlike other banks that have transfer restrictions, you can freely transfer Capital One points to other cardholders!
Capital One shocked the mileage world when they announced last November that their points would be transferable into real airline miles. You can transfer points from Capital One Venture or Spark Miles into these 12 airline programs at a 2:1.5 ratio:
- Aeromexico (SkyTeam)
- Air Canada Aeroplan (Star Alliance)
- Air France/KLM Flying Blue (SkyTeam)
- Alitalia (SkyTeam)
- Avianca LifeMiles (Star Alliance)
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles (OneWorld)
- Etihad (No alliance)
- EVA (Star Alliance)
- Finnair (OneWorld)
- Hainan (No alliance)
- Qantas (OneWorld)
- Qatar (OneWorld)
You can also transfer points from Capital One into these 2 airline programs at a 2:1 ratio:
- Emirates (No alliance)
- JetBlue (No alliance)
- Singapore (Star Alliance)
For example you could transfer points:
- With 221K Avianca Lifemiles is enough for 34 one-way short-haul award tickets on United. It’s also more than enough for the 194K you’ll need for a round-trip first class flight in First Class from the US to Tel Aviv on Lufthansa with access to their amazing first class terminal during your connection with a Porsche transfer to your plane.
- With 220K Aeroplan miles you can book 2 round-trip business class awards between North America and 2 European cities.
- With 180K Cathay Pacific Asia Miles miles you can book 2 round-trip business class awards between North America and Europe.
- With 180K Qantas points you can fly round-trip in El Al business class between NYC and Tel Aviv with no fuel surcharges.
Capital One also has monthly transfer bonuses!
Currently you can get a 33.3% bonus when you transfer points to Qantas. They have also had 25-100% transfer bonuses to Emirates, Flying Blue, JetBlue, and Lifemiles.
These are business cards, but you may already have a business that needs a card to keep track of expenses. For example if your name is Joe Smith and you sell items online, or if you have any other side business and want a credit card to better keep track of business expenditures you can open a business credit card for “Joe Smith” as the business name. You don’t need to file any messy government paperwork to be allowed to do that. Just be sure to select “Sole Proprietorship” as the business type and just use your social security number in the Tax Identification Number field.
It’s important to just write your own name as the business name if you are just applying for your own small business as a Sole Proprietorship that doesn’t have any business paperwork.
Will you apply for one of these limited time offers?